We are 6 - 6, it's not the end of the season yet.

Chuckknox

All this from my response to....

All I was after was some perspective from the 'sky is falling' crowd.

Let's say we do end up 6-10 or 7-9. Are the Bills a better team than the one that went 5-11? Hell Yes!

Better at DT, MLB, OLB, SS, LCB, LT, LG, RG, RT, RB, WR1.....with still a hope at QB....and only worse at RCB(unless McKelvin shows himself a star).

Anyone who realistically looks at the team from 2005 & the team from 2008 & thinks we have less talent is not looking at things clearly IMO.

*Keep in mind that in no way am I saying that DJ has done a good job as a HC......I've simply been pointing out that a comment of "He's destroyed this team" is not correct.*

So to clarify, you are not basing your statement "the team is better" on a W-L record, but on the perception the players individually are better?

And the reason the Bills have not achieved a better W-L (this season yet to be determined) could be based on the perception Dick doesn't have a clue how to utilize said talent?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I don't believe DJ put this team together, you can thank Marv Levy and Mike Modrak and other upstairs for that. Marv cleaned out most of the attitudes (Mcgahee) and brought in character players.

Since day #1 of Jauron as HC He has had final say on personnel...Look it up...Marv stated it a million times...If You want to blame Personnel decisions for this regression after a 5-1 start, then Jauron and the Head Scouts share equal blame...Personally I cant see how it's possible that a Team with serious Personnel problems gets to 5-1 in the first place (and please dont give me the "it's who they played" argument cause every Team they beat was an NFL Team as far as I know...St Louis beat Dallas...Jacksonville beat Indy and Denver...SD KILLED The Jets and the Patsies...even Oakland beat Denver and the Jets) but...whatever...It matters not...What matters is whether it's Coaching or Personnel, Dead Dick is at the center of the blame game... <_<

No, but when its the dead of winter and theres a mountain of snow and you cant get out of your driveway because the shovel you have isnt cutting it, its time to get a snowblower or a plow and see if they can't clear the driveway. Or, you can sit in your driveway, spinning your tires and going nowhere, all while saying, "just give it a few more days/weeks guys, the snow might melt and then we can go somewhere."

Okay, and what can you as a fan do which is analogous to buying a snow blower? Bull doze the front office at OBD?? <_<

Okay, and what can you as a fan do which is analogous to buying a snow blower? Bull doze the front office at OBD?? <_<

We can all discuss on a message board about how buying a snowblower is preferrable to giving the weather more time to melt the snow when its the dead of winter and historically speaking, we dont see temps above freezing at that point during the year.

We can all discuss on a message board about how buying a snowblower is preferrable to giving the weather more time to melt the snow when its the dead of winter and historically speaking, we dont see temps above freezing at that point during the year.

Well, you're not pulling out of the driveway when you're on a message board are you? You're probably also not paying your heating bill, so let's just say that the best you can do is B word until you're blue in the face?

Where's my rim shot?

Well, you're not pulling out of the driveway when you're on a message board are you? You're probably also not paying your heating bill, so let's just say that the best you can do is B word until you're blue in the face?

Where's my rim shot?

The point was that most reasonable people realize that using a snowblower is going to get the car unstuck and out of the driveway a lot faster than waiting for the snow to melt is.

So to clarify, you are not basing your statement "the team is better" on a W-L record, but on the perception the players individually are better?

And the reason the Bills have not achieved a better W-L (this season yet to be determined) could be based on the perception Dick doesn't have a clue how to utilize said talent?

Not to defend Dick but dont you have to have talent in order to utilize it?

No, but when its the dead of winter and theres a mountain of snow and you cant get out of your driveway because the shovel you have isnt cutting it, its time to get a snowblower or a plow and see if they can't clear the driveway. Or, you can sit in your driveway, spinning your tires and going nowhere, all while saying, "just give it a few more days/weeks guys, the snow might melt and then we can go somewhere."

Speaking of driving in the snow (btw this has nothing to do with the Bills) I was living in Knoxville at one point - they do not get much snow. Went to pick up a buddy at his apartment after a mild (especially by Buffalo standards) snow shower - maybe three inches of really fluffy stuff on the ground. We watch this woman trying to back out of a parking spot - spinning her tires on ice that was maybe there before the snowfall. She is getting nowhere fast. So in a moment of brilliance she puts the car in nuetral - floors the gas pedal - and then slams the (I assume automatic) transmission into reverse. A sound arose like I have never heard before - the car does engage and comes into gear - somehow it gets traction and shoots across the parking lot.

Fortunately nobody or no property was hurt (mayber her car was?) but the woman sure did look stupid.

At least I didi not bi <_< ch about the Bills in this post. I've worn myself out on the gripe track.

Let's give DJ some credit for putting together a good team. He just needs a few playmakers to step up and make some plays.

So what if the coaches want to take a time out to talk about a play call once in a while, that's why they have time outs.

It's still a very young team, they will get better. This year has been a very exciting year so far, a few very bad calls or/and less INTs and we would be in 1st place.

Let the coach coach the team like he wants, it's his job. Stop being so negative, it could be worse, much worse.

Stuart Smalley, is that you?

One option is to do what you do, shove your head in the snow, and gleefully accept what ever is delivered via the alternate entrance.

One option is to do what you do, shove your head in the snow, and gleefully accept what ever is delivered via the alternate entrance.

And besides throw a pissy party here: WHAT OTHER CHOICE WOULD I HAVE?

You throw around the word "accept" as if there was an alternative!

Guess what: you can sign on to a message board all day and say: "I'm NOT ACCEPTING THIS!" But as long as your root for the Bills, buy Bills tickets and merchandise, tune in to watch the Bills (thereby justifying advertising dollars), YOU'RE ACCEPTING IT!

Dibs is the one seeming to claim the Bills have better talent now when compared to 2005.

I am just trying to get him to verify that is his position.

I think there is plenty of talent. Not checking away from a 6 man front and just handing it to Lynch hoping he can dematerialize his mass, diffuse through the defense and then rematerialize 5 yards down field, was the problem, not the talent. Then not giving the ball to the best guy on the team at picking up 2 yards on 4 critical plays over two series in the red zone was the problem, not talent. Not checking away from a pass when they were rushing only 4 and putting 7 in to coverage on a red zone shortened field was also a problem. Of course, getting the offense to the LOS with 6 seconds left on the play clock doesn't leave a lot of time to check away from anything. Either neither of our QBs are capable of checking to the right play at the right time or our offense and its desing just doesn't promote those opportunities.

Asking our lumbering right tackle and left guard to pull out in front of sweeps and screens to the far side is a problem but they have talent at straight ahead blocking and trapping to one side or the other.

I think we have talent but so do our opponents. Turns out that few of them are so bad that we can be as predictable as snow in Syracuse and still expect to be successful.

You throw around the word "accept" as if there was an alternative!

Guess what: you can sign on to a message board all day and say: "I'm NOT ACCEPTING THIS!" But as long as your root for the Bills, buy Bills tickets and merchandise, tune in to watch the Bills (thereby justifying advertising dollars), YOU'RE ACCEPTING IT!

I haven't bought tickets nor merchandise since Jauron has been hired. Thanks for playing!

And if you do not like what you are reading here, feel free to go to another board, or better yet, go start your own.

That way, you can be the moderator, and only allow people who think just like you!

Hooray! We are 7-9! Excellent!

Hooray! We are 7-9 again! Consistency! Boy, am I ever glad we hired the "Dick"!

Hooray! We are 6-6! Stay the course boys! We want consistency! 7-9 here we come!

Hooray! Looks like another three more years!

I haven't bought tickets nor merchandise since Jauron has been hired. Thanks for playing!

And if you do not like what you are reading here, feel free to go to another board, or better yet, go start your own.

That way, you can be the moderator, and only allow people who think just like you!

Hooray! We are 7-9! Excellent!

Hooray! We are 7-9 again! Consistency! Boy, am I ever glad we hired the "Dick"!

Hooray! We are 6-6! Stay the course boys! We want consistency! 7-9 here we come!

Hooray! Looks like another three more years!

So you've neither purchased nor been gifted anything Bills since 2005? Not a beer cozy, or a magnet, license plate cover, novelty napkin, book of Bills history, ANYTHING? Not even television service which allows you to watch the games? Your ONLY connection to the team has been to come here and crap on everyone's enjoyment of the team?

And when did I ever suggest that you weren't entitled to your opinion?

So you've neither purchased nor been gifted anything Bills since 2005? Not a beer cozy, or a magnet, license plate cover, novelty napkin, book of Bills history, ANYTHING? Not even television service which allows you to watch the games? Your ONLY connection to the team has been to come here and crap on everyone's enjoyment of the team?

Not a single solitary item.

And when did I ever suggest that you weren't entitled to your opinion?

I never said you did.

You claimed you had no other choice:

I offered some choices. Don't stay here and throw a pissy party. Don't stay here and read other peoples "negative" views. Go to another board. Start your own.

Not a single solitary item.

I never said you did.

You claimed you had no other choice:

I offered some choices. Don't stay here and throw a pissy party. Don't stay here and read other peoples "negative" views. Go to another board. Start your own.

Hey man, I take pride in being the counterweight! Someone has to keep this place fair and balanced! <_<

What part of "Keep in mind that in no way am I saying that DJ has done a good job as a HC" did you not understand?

I'm not defending DJ here but some perspective would be good. He inherited a 5-11 team which in 3 off-seasons has had 17 of the 22 starting players replaced. Like it or not, we have a better team than before he took over.

I'm talking about this year and the 5-1 start. He destroyed a team single handedly. He's the head coach nothing happens without his OK so to blame coordinators is all well and good but the guy is a bust

What part of "Keep in mind that in no way am I saying that DJ has done a good job as a HC" did you not understand?

Jauron may not be "destroying the team", but he is sure as hell strangling the B-) out it.