center

nuklz2594

You're blaming this one on Donahoe almost six years ago? We knew Fowler was a problem after last season, and Faine was a free agent as of February.

I think it can be safely assumed that the draftings of Losman and McGahee in the two consecutive first rounds effectively set this team back 3-5 years.

I think it can be safely assumed that the draftings of Losman and McGahee in the two consecutive first rounds effectively set this team back 3-5 years.

Probably....Donahoe drafted Losman because we needed a QB (he was supposedly the best choice after Eli, Philip Rivers, and Roethlisberger).

But thanks to that, we passed on Demarcus Ware. :devil:

Probably....Donahoe drafted Losman because we needed a QB (he was supposedly the best choice after Eli, Philip Rivers, and Roethlisberger).

But thanks to that, we passed on Demarcus Ware. <_<

If only Donahoe got the quarterback he desperately wanted, Ben Roethlisberger (according to legend, of course)

Yeah, drafting Losman and McGahee didn't work out as planned. I'd rather not see either guy play again, they just keep reminding me how bad the Bills have been. Unfortunately it seems Willis will be around for a while.

I'm not even sure landing Ben would've meant this team could've made the playoffs considering the coaching he would've been under and the talent he would've been surrounded by. That's a huge "what-if" that I'd rather not debate. No denying Ben would've won a few more games than our beloved JP.

And yes, having a competent center would be fantastic!! But is it more pressing than a pass rusher, another lineman (either side of the ball), a linebacker, tight end or possibly even a quarterback?! It's definitely up there high on the list, I'm just pointing out the potential gaping holes this team has.

If only Donahoe got the quarterback he desperately wanted, Ben Roethlisberger (according to legend, of course)

Yeah, drafting Losman and McGahee didn't work out as planned. I'd rather not see either guy play again, they just keep reminding me how bad the Bills have been. Unfortunately it seems Willis will be around for a while.

I'm not even sure landing Ben would've meant this team could've made the playoffs considering the coaching he would've been under and the talent he would've been surrounded by. That's a huge "what-if" that I'd rather not debate. No denying Ben would've won a few more games than our beloved JP.

And yes, having a competent center would be fantastic!! But is it more pressing than a pass rusher, another lineman (either side of the ball), a linebacker, tight end or possibly even a quarterback?! It's definitely up there high on the list, I'm just pointing out the potential gaping holes this team has.

I don't think we have any "gaping" holes on defense since defense hasn't been a problem this year, except for may be the Cardinals game, but how often do you go against a former Super Bowl MVP who has he second highest career passer rating?

As for center, anyone notice Melvin Fowler RUNNING into the ball carrier at least twice on Sunday?

I don't think we have any "gaping" holes on defense since defense hasn't been a problem this year, except for may be the Cardinals game, but how often do you go against a former Super Bowl MVP who has he second highest career passer rating?

As for center, anyone notice Melvin Fowler RUNNING into the ball carrier at least twice on Sunday?

I'll agree that the defense hasn't been the problem but it's not as if there aren't some serious flaws.

You don't think we have any gaping holes on defense?!?!??! Not a single one??? How about the pass rush? Schobel's out, I know, but how do you explain every other end? Don't give me any crap about Kelsay or Denny making plays this past weekend because it was the first game in many, many games where the ends had any sort of impact. And it's not as if we were playing a future hall of fame quarterback, it was against Shaun Hill. We need a legitimate defensive end. If you are willing to settle with these ends, you are willing to settle for an average defense that gives up critical 3rd down plays.

And let's not discuss the linebackers. Keith Ellison is a gaping hole. As for the other 2, neither are close to elite. And the depth at that position is pathetic (due to injuries, i.e. Crowell, Bowen)

The only two centers in free agency worth going after IMO are Matt Birk and the much younger Jason Brown. While I would kill to draft Alex Mack ( center from Cal ) in round 1 we need an impact front 7 player on D so badly I'd try and take care of center in free agency so we can taget OLB Aaron Curry or the best DE possible in the 1st round.

This should have been addressed when we drafted MacGahee instead of Jeff Faine. I still am stunned that Donadouche that to us.

We had Kent Hull for many seasons and he may have been the best center in the league. He was certainly the best center the Bills have ever had bar none.

This should have been addressed when we drafted MacGahee instead of Jeff Faine. I still am stunned that Donadouche that to us.

I thought we we're getting faine that year too, but as the other poster said, this isn't something to put blame around from 6 years ago.

Jeff Faine was a free agent this year, after a 07 pro bowl nod (alternate), and we could have had the guy. he was great in college, and has been nothing but smart and stellar in the pros. I'm really surprised he's on his third team already.

But I was also surprised why we didn't sign him. Maybe it was because of that 6 mil a year price tag, which coincidentally, is about the same amount of money were paying Chris Kelsay.