The intolerant bigotry of the liberal left

Zoology is a science. Look it up. Experiments aren't the only way to do science. I suggest you get a better education.

I made a point you can't refute, so you resort to a lie, and name calling.

For what it's worth, I LOVE some people who, not only believe in a higher being, but believe in GOD, the way traditional religions discuss "him". I consider myself a true agnostic. I neither believe, nor disbelieve, in a "higher being". I suspect, very strongly, that that higher being, should it exist, has little to do with the God discussed in the Bible, Koran or other texts written long ago. Mostly, I believe that the existence and/or nature of "God" is probably unknowable to man.

Finally, as much of the violence/abuse/torture/etc. in this world's history can be tied to disagreements over the proper way to honor "God", I suggest that you rethink the connection between religious belief and morality.

My education is fine. When did I lie? Or resort to name calling? I called you out on a post YOU wrote. That doesn't mean I lied.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

Not really sure what your trying to say. I don't remember any mass genocide by Christians in the 30's and 40's.

Hitler claimed to be a Christian and mentions Christianity (positively) in his writings (particularly Mein Kampf). Then, of course, he and his band of merry Nazi's proceeded to commit genocide against the Jews, all the while claiming to do the "will of God". Some see that, I am sure, as mass genocide committed by Christians.

Truth is, Hitler was never a good Christian and may never have even been a Christian. As he got more power, and more crazy, he also made a lot of anti-Christian statements. But, many, if not most, of the Nazi followers WERE Christians.

I don't consider the Holocaust an act of genocide by Christians, necessarily, but it is easy to see how some might. Of course, perhaps you don't believe there WAS a Holocaust.

You do know the swastika was a version of the Christian cross, right? You do realize the people killing the Jews were Christians right?

Popular to secular beliefs, Hitler was most definitely not a christian. I could claim to be the president of the United States. It doesn't make it so. The swastika, to my knowledge, (when it comes to swastikas) is limited. I believe it has it's roots in something else, not the cross. Could someone who knows this speak up?

Hitler claimed to be a Christian and mentions Christianity (positively) in his writings (particularly Mein Kampf). Then, of course, he and his band of merry Nazi's proceeded to commit genocide against the Jews, all the while claiming to do the "will of God". Some see that, I am sure, as mass genocide committed by Christians.

Truth is, Hitler was never a good Christian and may never have even been a Christian. As he got more power, and more crazy, he also made a lot of anti-Christian statements. But, many, if not most, of the Nazi followers WERE Christians.

I don't consider the Holocaust an act of genocide by Christians, necessarily, but it is easy to see how some might. Of course, perhaps you don't believe there WAS a Holocaust.

Well thank you for not trying to say Hitler was a true Christian. I believe he used Christianity to further his own sick cause.

My education is fine. When did I lie? Or resort to name calling? I called you out on a post YOU wrote. That doesn't mean I lied.

You said a Zoo isn't a scientific institution...you were either ignorant, or you lied. You accused me of hating "anything or ANYONE who believes in a higher being." You called me a name (a hater of believers) and it is also a lie.

Need more?

Seriously, if you think they just shove animals in a cage for the public to view, you need to learn more about the major zoos. And, as has been pointed out, the Zoo is a public institution, funded to help EDUCATE the public, not convert it to a particular religious view. The association between the two organizations is the problem, not the position or existence of the Museum. You seem to be unable to grasp, or acknowledge, that.

You said a Zoo isn't a scientific institution...you were either ignorant, or you lied. You accused me of hating "anything or ANYONE who believes in a higher being." You called me a name (a hater of believers) and it is also a lie.

Need more?

Seriously, if you think they just shove animals in a cage for the public to view, you need to learn more about the major zoos. And, as has been pointed out, the Zoo is a public institution, funded to help EDUCATE the public, not convert it to a particular religious view. The association between the two organizations is the problem, not the position or existence of the Museum. You seem to be unable to grasp, or acknowledge, that.

show me what experiments are going on in zoos. I don't mean trying to mate animals that are near extinction. A zoos primary cause is to show animals that you would probably never see in your lifetime.

If you want to take G_D out of government, you better change our currency, government buildings and anything else that even mentions the word G_D. If that were to happen, who is the one being intolerant? Like it or not, this country is about 80% Christian. You may have an argument about how many of that 80% are practicing Christians.

As far as calling you a hater towards believers, what did you call creationists in an earlier post? Look it up. Then tell me that doesn't sound a lot like hate.

Well thank you for not trying to say Hitler was a true Christian. I believe he used Christianity to further his own sick cause.

Just to be a little more thorough, there are other reasons to call the Holocaust an act of genocide by Christians against Jews. Pope Pius XII was called "Hitler's Pope", by some. True or not, the Church did, and said, precious little to combat the horrible atrocities against the Jews. Not very "Christian" from where I sit.

Just to be a little more thorough, there are other reasons to call the Holocaust an act of genocide by Christians against Jews. Pope Pius XII was called "Hitler's Pope", by some. True or not, the Church did, and said, precious little to combat the horrible atrocities against the Jews. Not very "Christian" from where I sit.

Your exactly right. Just because someone claims to be Christian, does not make them a Christian. Why can't you see the difference between a true practicing Christian and a phony would be Christian.

show me what experiments are going on in zoos. I don't mean trying to mate animals that are near extinction. A zoos primary cause is to show animals that you would probably never see in your lifetime.

If you want to take G_D out of government, you better change our currency, government buildings and anything else that even mentions the word G_D. If that were to happen, who is the one being intolerant? Like it or not, this country is about 80% Christian. You may have an argument about how many of that 80% are practicing Christians.

As far as calling you a hater towards believers, what did you call creationists in an earlier post? Look it up. Then tell me that doesn't sound a lot like hate.

Once again, you need to get a better education if the only definition of Science you understand, or acknowledge, are experiments. Seriously, that is so shallow on your part...and so telling. Knowing how, and what, to feed the animals, the proper environmental factors, mating rituals, etc...that is ALL scientific.

Want to argue? Get animals from all over the world together in a park in Cincinnati and try to keep them alive and vital using no scientific knowledge. You may use the Bible, if you wish. The staff may have no scientific training (Zoology, Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Ornithology, etc), they may, however be very religious. How long do you expect those animals will thrive?

As you note, God has infiltrated our gov't over the years, (it was added to the Pledge of Allegiance in the 1950's). While I think the eventual removal of all mentions of God in anything state-related is the proper thing to do, I think this country has bigger fish to fry than to worry about "In God We Trust" on our currency. But, we certainly do not need to be moving toward adding MORE connections between church and state. The % of people who call themselves Christian is irrelevant to the discussion.

Finally, I looked over my posts and see nothing that resembles hate toward people of faith. Please point me to it.

Your exactly right. Just because someone claims to be Christian, does not make them a Christian. Why can't you see the difference between a true practicing Christian and a phony would be Christian.

Who decides what a "real Christian" is? The Pope of the Catholic Church isn't a REAL Christian?

Popular to secular beliefs, Hitler was most definitely not a christian. I could claim to be the president of the United States. It doesn't make it so. The swastika, to my knowledge, (when it comes to swastikas) is limited. I believe it has it's roots in something else, not the cross. Could someone who knows this speak up?

I believe the original swastika was a American Indian symbol.When I got my first drivers license in Buffalo, N.Y. in 1974 I had to go to the downtown D.M.V. Old building, very old ,and there was [ among many other designs] a swastika inlaid in the floor tile. Pre war, no doubt and again, as I was told it was a indian symbol.

It has many meanings but was referred to as the Nazi Cross.

You think that's hard try putting them there damn animals on an ark! B-)

If your argument is that people who don't practice the teachings of Jesus correctly aren't Christians then this country may have one or two Christians and I'm probably overestimating that number.

I believe the original swastika was a American Indian symbol.When I got my first drivers license in Buffalo, N.Y. in 1974 I had to go to the downtown D.M.V. Old building, very old ,and there was [ among many other designs] a swastika inlaid in the floor tile. Pre war, no doubt and again, as I was told it was a indian symbol.

The swastika goes WAY back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Ellicott Square Building- built 1896.

Many of the great tragedies in human histories come when people try to fight evil- Look at the inquisition- did they believe they were doing good? Of course they did. Look at the holocaust- in Hitler's warped and twisted mind, was he doing the right thing? Look at Ruwanda (sp?). Look at sme of the things that have taken place during our war on terror.

Neither muslims nor christians are bad- when they get power, it corrupts them. Religion + Power=evil and that is a formula that will never change- regardless of how well intentioned the cause seems to be.