Sellout at Toronto Game

I mean, they lied about the number of tickets given out at the preseason game, and they have the history to do it again. Ten tickets in a row sounds like its pretty empty to me!

I was able to get 10 just now...

Section 216

Row 4

Seats 1 - 10

Description CLUB 200

Type 10 Standard Tickets Ticket

PriceCA $350.00 x 10

LOL...15

Section 109A

Row 35

Seats 1 - 15

Description L100 SIDELINES

LEVEL 100

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

Type 15 Standard Tickets

Ticket PriceCA $325.00 x 15

this is just wrong...

Section 109A

Row 35

Seats 1 - 20

LEVEL 100

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

Type 20 Standard Tickets

Ticket PriceCA $325.00 x 20

IIRC, part of the deal that Rogers made with the NFL and Ralph was that he guaranteed the sellouts for the regular season games. It may not be true but I read that long ago. I took that to mean that if there were tickets left right before the blackout went into effect, that he would find a company or Rogers Communications itself to buy up the remaining tickets. I doubt that Rogers worried that he wouldn't sell the game out, or worried that he would have to buy up a couple thousand if he didn't. The public humiliation of the non-sellout would be way worse than the monies his company would have to pay to pluck them up.

Right here from the Toronto Star

If the game is not sold out in time [today at 4], it will be blacked out in the Buffalo and Toronto areas. The NFL's blackout policy states that a home game cannot be televised locally if it is not sold out within 72 hours before its scheduled start time.

How ridiculous is this? They say they only have 1,000 tickets left, but what?????

I'm sure some big wig or the Rogers Comm. will buy out the rest to avoid a fiasco, but really? This is crazy.

http://www.thestar.com/article/548162

If the game is not sold out in time [today at 4], it will be blacked out in the Buffalo and Toronto areas. The NFL's blackout policy states that a home game cannot be televised locally if it is not sold out within 72 hours before its scheduled start time.

How ridiculous is this? They say they only have 1,000 tickets left, but what?????

I'm sure some big wig or the Rogers Comm. will buy out the rest to avoid a fiasco, but really? This is crazy.

:P

I was able to get 10 just now...

Section 216

Row 4

Seats 1 - 10

Description CLUB 200

Type 10 Standard Tickets Ticket

PriceCA $350.00 x 10

LOL...15

Section 109A

Row 35

Seats 1 - 15

LEVEL 100

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

Type 15 Standard Tickets

Ticket PriceCA $325.00 x 15

this is just wrong...

Section 109A

Row 35

Seats 1 - 20

LEVEL 100

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

Type 20 Standard Tickets

Ticket PriceCA $325.00 x 20

These prices along tell you how much Roger Co. over-valued the demand for NFL tickets in Toronto...

It says in the buffalo news today that even though there are 2K tickets left it is expected to be announced a sellout by 4pm today to lift the blackout. It says going forward after this year the games will need to be sold out for the blackout to be lifted in buffalo. Maybe, if they priced these tickets at a reasonable price & were not so dam greedy, this game would be sold out.

well, it's 4:30. any info?

Bills-Dolphins sold out

The Buffalo Bills announced today that the game between the Bills and the Miami Dolphins on Sunday at the Rogers Centre in Toronto is sold out and will be televised in Western New York on Channel 4.

The Bills-Dolphins game will be the first NFL regular season game played in Canada and the fourth regular season game played outside the United States.

Visiting team returns and premium seats remain available. To purchase them stop at Rogers Centre Box Office (Gate 7) or contact Ticketmaster.

Link...

LOL...

804PM 12/4/08

Section

Row

Seats

Description

1 - 10

CLUB 200

LEVEL 200

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

They just announced on Sportsnet Canada that the game has "sold out" and there will be no black out restrictions for the game. My guess is corporations just bought out the expensive seats.

They just announced on Sportsnet Canada that the game has "sold out" and there will be no black out restrictions for the game. My guess is corporations just bought out the expensive seats.

Usually, in these kinds of sellouts, someone (team owner, sponsor, etc) guarantees a sellout. That is, they guarantee to buy any unsold tickets, ensuring that all tickets will be paid for, at least on paper.

The blackout rule is there to protect the local team (I think they split the gate with the visiting team...but, don't hold me to that). So, if the owner doesn't mind digging into his pocket to pay the other team half of the unsold seats, and doesn't mind losing the revenue from the concessions (due to no shows), etc., I believe he/she is free to call the game a sellout, and lift the blackout.

LOL...

804PM 12/4/08

Section

Row

Seats

Description

1 - 10

CLUB 200

LEVEL 200

EAST SIDE OF STADIUM

FULL VIEW SEATING

Club seats. In other words, premium seating, which doesn't count against a sellout. Jacksonville's dirty little (non-)secret: their blackout threshold is actually more than 10,000 seats lower than stadium capacity, because almost the entire lower bowl is considered club seating.

From what I saw at the ticketing link, the deal at the Rogers Centre is the same way:

Club 200 - Seats in the premiere Club Level of Rogers Centre with optimal views for an NFL game and the best in-stadium all-you-can-eat gourmet food included in your ticket purchase