Russ Brandon

One thing that I think is being overlooked is the fact that we don't really know what this guy is truly about. Is he a lackey for Ralph to tell what to do or does have some sway with the front office decisions? We don't really know. I like a couple of the things he has done so far: the Stroud trade, I think, was a very sound move. And the attempt at getting Tony Gonzalez, i thought, was a good effort. These are two positive signs that Brandon does have some proactive bones in his body.

Brandon can really make a statement if he makes a stand on the coaching situation, convincing Ralph to let him go and move in a new direction. I don't really think it would take much. Say what you want about Ralph, but he does not like losing and he LOVES to fire coaches, some for less than what Jauron has done. And for you conspiracy guys out there, a new coach means new hope, maybe a less precipitous drop in season ticket sales, etc. Also, the Bills coaching job is probably pretty attractive to some of the more ego-maniacal guys in and out of the league right now, you get alot of say in player personnel and pretty much are allowed to be the dominant figurehead of the team.

I just don't see how Brandon and Ralph, who are pretty smart businessmen, can think bringing Jauron back when there are potentially going to be 10-14 coaching changes made in the offseason, with proven commodities like Andy Reid, Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Billick, and Bill Cowher available, and even alot of 2nd-tier coaches like Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, Lovie Smith, Herman Edwards, Jim Haslett, or even Charlie Weis becoming available.

So what you are saying then is that we need to dump Jauron and bring in someone else who failed somewhere else. Then, just because he is right here right now (thanks Marv) he will go from bum to hero!?!?!? Do you listen to yourself? I sure hope you aren't working somewhere in a management position where the lives of others depend on your wisdom.

If you really want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, then you should be rooting for Jauron to succeed so that the Bills remain a viable team with a solid fan base that guarantees a reasonable return on investment. All of the upheaval that is created by constantly changing coaches and systems sets us back and weakens the argument that the Bills should stay in Buffalo.

We need to face the fact that Buffalo is in a constrained market and can't always compete financially with Dallas and Washington. The front office has taken some chances in the free agent market, but unfortunately not all of them have been home runs. Marcus Stroud was one, Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker not so much. With a little more luck, we might have been in a totally different situation than we are now. The point is, management is trying to make the Bills competitive and has had modest success. We need to hope that they have more.

We also need to remember that for every John Mcargo, management has found a Jabari Greer, Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee and Fred Jackson. They aren't perfect, but they obviously have done some things right. Hopefully, they will continue to do so and get lucky with a free agent or two.

Then our Bills will have a chance to stay successful and more importantly stay our Bills.

So what you are saying then is that we need to dump Jauron and bring in someone else who failed somewhere else. Then, just because he is right here right now (thanks Marv) he will go from bum to hero!?!?!? Do you listen to yourself? I sure hope you aren't working somewhere in a management position where the lives of others depend on your wisdom.

If you really want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, then you should be rooting for Jauron to succeed so that the Bills remain a viable team with a solid fan base that guarantees a reasonable return on investment. All of the upheaval that is created by constantly changing coaches and systems sets us back and weakens the argument that the Bills should stay in Buffalo.

We need to face the fact that Buffalo is in a constrained market and can't always compete financially with Dallas and Washington. The front office has taken some chances in the free agent market, but unfortunately not all of them have been home runs. Marcus Stroud was one, Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker not so much. With a little more luck, we might have been in a totally different situation than we are now. The point is, management is trying to make the Bills competitive and has had modest success. We need to hope that they have more.

We also need to remember that for every John Mcargo, management has found a Jabari Greer, Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee and Fred Jackson. They aren't perfect, but they obviously have done some things right. Hopefully, they will continue to do so and get lucky with a free agent or two.

Then our Bills will have a chance to stay successful and more importantly stay our Bills.

I'm not vilifying management, I think they have taken some steps to improve the team. I don't think that we should just blindly hope that Jauron succeeds here, especially when he has never succeeded anywhere else he has been. Head coaching changes don't have to bring about wholesale roster changes or a start from scratch mentality.

Jauron: 55- 71, 0-1 playoffs, produced zero HCs

Billick: 85 - 67, 5-3 playoffs, 1 Super Bowl, produced 5 HCs

Cowher: 149-90-1, 12-9, 1 Super Bowl, produced 7 HCs

Schottenheimer: 200-126-1, 5-13 playoffs, produced 8 HCs

Reid: 88-56-1, 8-6 playoffs, produced 2 HCs

Lewis: 43-46-1, 0-1 playoffs

Del Rio: 49-40, 1-2 playoffs, produced 1 HC

Edwards: 53-70, 2-4

Smith: 37-28, 2-2 playoffs

Who's the failure? All I'm saying is those guys are getting fired and have accomplished more in their careers than Jauron has. Do we really have to wait for Jauron to have a 2-14 season to get rid of him. He isn't capable of handling the job. He has had one winning season in his career and it was with another team, and that team was 3-4 against teams with a winning record, with 2 of those wins against the 9-7 Buccaneers. He is 2 - 19 against teams with a winning record as Bills coach, and it will probably be 2-23 by season's end. Keeping a man who clearly has a track record of losing just for the sake of stability is asinine...a defeatist attitude.