Offensive coordinator

nuklz2594

Actually Turk Schonert is improving as he is learning,it just sucks that he is learning at the expense of the Bills losing.

I've been saying all season the guy is pass happy,the Bills get behind 7 points and he calls passing plays 95% of the time. ONE run for Marshawn in the 4th qtr is just plain stupid...considering he already had 120+ yards on the ground.

The last few games he actually started calling play action passes instead of constant shotguns. I'm not seeing the 3 down and one shotgun anymore (thank god). And when he does use a shotgun on a short yardage play sometimes its a hand off to the RB,which can be an awesome play considering the backs the Bills have.

The thing is when the Bills are faced with a red zone situation they usually do two things,either go elephant formation and try and run up the middle,which always usually fails because the Bills big FAT* linemen can't move the line of scrimmage an inch when they need to.

Or,they go shotgun and usually pass.

The one play that had me jumping this last game was when it was first and goal from the 10 or so and Schonert calls shotgun (I'm thinking oh no) and instead of a pass its a hand off to Fred Jackson for 8 yards... great freaking play call.

What I don't get is the Bills use the wildcat offense once in the entire game for and end around that gained 9 1/2 yards,why not use it again!

Why not use the run in many different ways instead of constant throwing.For the love of god be creative in the running game. The Bills have a chance to be like the NY Giants if only Turk would grow a brain with the running game.

End around,toss sweeps to the open side of the field. miss direction plays would work so darn good against the defenses the Bills have faced.

The best player on the Bills roster right now is Marshawn Lynch, the OC needs to find more creative running plays and find a way to feed that guy the ball 25-30 times a game!

*Langston walker,man what a huge gut.if he replaced 30 pounds of that gut with muscle he would be unstoppable and make it into the pro bowl.Seems like the Bills overall conditioning has fallen since they lost Rust Jones

Mularkey because he's a better coordinator than he is a head coach.

Gilbride because he has a better head coach telling him what to do.

I agree :devil:

I've stated this before that I think Jauron gives his coordinators complete autonomy over play calling,which is a really stupid thing to do considering his OC is a rookie. Its gonna cost him his job!

Jauron has been noted in the past of building a team with a strong D and power running game.Clearly the Bills just don't seem to focus at all on the ground game. If they don't get yardage on two run plays its suddenly all out passing the rest of the game.

Actually Turk Schonert is improving as he is learning,it just sucks that he is learning at the expense of the Bills losing.

I've been saying all season the guy is pass happy,the Bills get behind 7 points and he calls passing plays 95% of the time. ONE run for Marshawn in the 4th qtr is just plain stupid...considering he already had 120+ yards on the ground.

The last few games he actually started calling play action passes instead of constant shotguns. I'm not seeing the 3 down and one shotgun anymore (thank god). And when he does use a shotgun on a short yardage play sometimes its a hand off to the RB,which can be an awesome play considering the backs the Bills have.

The thing is when the Bills are faced with a red zone situation they usually do two things,either go elephant formation and try and run up the middle,which always usually fails because the Bills big FAT* linemen can't move the line of scrimmage an inch when they need to.

Or,they go shotgun and usually pass.

The one play that had me jumping this last game was when it was first and goal from the 10 or so and Schonert calls shotgun (I'm thinking oh no) and instead of a pass its a hand off to Fred Jackson for 8 yards... great freaking play call.

What I don't get is the Bills use the wildcat offense once in the entire game for and end around that gained 9 1/2 yards,why not use it again!

Why not use the run in many different ways instead of constant throwing.For the love of god be creative in the running game. The Bills have a chance to be like the NY Giants if only Turk would grow a brain with the running game.

End around,toss sweeps to the open side of the field. miss direction plays would work so darn good against the defenses the Bills have faced.

The best player on the Bills roster right now is Marshawn Lynch, the OC needs to find more creative running plays and find a way to feed that guy the ball 25-30 times a game!

*Langston walker,man what a huge gut.if he replaced 30 pounds of that gut with muscle he would be unstoppable and make it into the pro bowl.Seems like the Bills overall conditioning has fallen since they lost Rust Jones

Uhh... Turk just got out coached by San Francisco and is the main contributor to our loss against a 3 win team from the west coast at home... Unless you like offensive coordinators who can get into the redzone four times and produce only 3 points.

Uhh... Turk just got out coached by San Francisco and is the main contributor to our loss against a 3 win team from the west coast at home... Unless you like offensive coordinators who can get into the redzone four times and produce only 3 points.

Did you actually read the post or just part of the first sentence?

I said,

The Bills have a chance to be like the NY Giants if only Turk would grow a brain with the running game.

Did you actually read the post or just part of the first sentence?

I said,

The Bills have a chance to be like the NY Giants if only Turk would grow a brain with the running game.

The 120 yards by Lynch is being a little over used...he got 50 of them on 1 carry and SF is considered a pretty good run D. If you take out that one run, and the 11 yarder, Lynchs numbers were modest at best on every other carry. And our O Line is terrible at run blocking.

Im not defending giving Lynch only one carry in the fourth quarter by any means, thats not a good balance. But, 61 yards on 2 carries makes Lynch and the O-line look like they were dominating consistently in that game, which they were not.

The 120 yards by Lynch is being a little over used...he got 50 of them on 1 carry and SF is considered a pretty good run D. If you take out that one run, and the 11 yarder, Lynchs numbers were modest at best on every other carry. And our O Line is terrible at run blocking.

Im not defending giving Lynch only one carry in the fourth quarter by any means, thats not a good balance. But, 61 yards on 2 carries makes Lynch and the O-line look like they were dominating consistently in that game, which they were not.

Did you actually watch the game or just look at the stats?

Even the announcers were stating that Lynch was gashing that 49ers defense on almost every run.Not for nothing but why does the Bills OC go pass crazy all the time and not go with the player who is hot?

Take away the 2 carries,the one for 50 yards and the one for 11=66 yds - the 134 total,thats still 68 yds on 14 carries,still 4.8 yards per.

My entire point is you have a running back that has a hot hand and is killing the other team and yet they ignore him when they need him the most,Instead they tried to rely on a backup QB to win the game. It just makes me crazy to see stuff like that happen.

Even Jason Peters and Lee Evans came out publicly and stated they should have run more,especially in the 4th qtr.

Lastly,Marsharn Lynch was doing so well I don't understand why when they got inside the red zone they pulled him out and went with Fred Jackson???

Sorry but some of the stuff the coaches are doing its like they are either monumentally stupid or are purposely trying to lose the game.

Mularkey wasn't exactly lighting it up in Miami.

When you have a dominate power running game like the Falcons have its easy to setup the pass with the run, its making Mularky look like a genius.

The very same thing is happening in Baltimore with Flacco,it is also how the Steeler's won the super bowl with Big Ben :lol: