Ted Rogers Dead at age 75

ET1062

This coalition government we might have (and don't get me started on what a fiasco our ENTIRE government is...right now I'm praying for a military coup....) is actually more PRO-CFL than the current government. Harper didn't seem to be too concerned with the league but the Liberals are strong bedfellows with many of the CFL owners. This coalition actually hurts the Bills chances of moving to Toronto even further.

And I wouldn't have it any other way...

Thanks for the reply. I'm an odd bird that likes to hear about the goings-on in that free Nation with its' huge economy North of me.

I was a Mulroney man... <_<

EDIT:

When push comes to shove, on Canada's and the US's side will be

Australia

Ghana

Malta

Lebanon

England

Scotland

Costa Rica

Finland

Botswana

Estonia

Vatican City

Tuvalu

Italy

Hungary

Israel

Czech Republic

Denmark

Holland

Belgium

Belize

Poland

Ethiopia

Armenia.

That's it.

Ted Rogers Dead at age 75

"CBC News has confirmed that Rogers Communications Inc. CEO Ted Rogers has died at the age of 75. Rogers had been treated for an existing cardiac condition in November.

Rogers' company hold the rights to 80 percent of the Toronto Blue Jays, as well as the Rogers Centre and, obviously, the naming rights. Rogers had discussed the idea of bringing the NFL to Toronto, and signed a deal with Ralph Wilson to bring several Bills preseason and regular season games to the Rogers Centre, including Aug. 14, 2008's preseason game with the Steelers and Dec. 7's upcoming game with the Miami Dolphins"

wow. I feel a bit bad for comments I made re: what appeared to be the state of his health(from his appearance ) when the move to Toronto stuff was such big news. God bless him.

Thanks for the reply. I'm an odd bird that likes to hear about the goings-on in that free Nation with its' huge economy North of me.

I was a Mulroney man... <_<

EDIT:

When push comes to shove, on Canada's and the US's side will be

Australia

Ghana

Malta

Lebanon

England

Scotland

Costa Rica

Finland

Botswana

Estonia

Vatican City

Tuvalu

Italy

Hungary

Israel

Czech Republic

Denmark

Holland

Belgium

Belize

Poland

Ethiopia

Armenia.

That's it.

Phillippines--big supporter of USA

If this even slightly improves our chances of keeping the Bills in Buffalo, then I am personally happy to see that old man die. This football team means so much more to me than does the life of some random Canadian mogul. Ted Rogers never cared about the feelings of us WNY Bills fans, and I doubt he'd have cared if any one of us died. Therefore, I will be paying this douche and his family equivalent respect. Go <_< yourself, Ted. Oh, wait...you can't...you're dead :P.

I am also glad he croaked...he looked worse than Ralph...

:lol::lol: :heartless bastage: :lol::lol:

Yeh I bought tix back when for the Dolphins game. This was when the Bills were 4-0. Paid face value back in October from the official website (cheap seats?) and am looking forward to the game. As a Bills season ticket holder I relish the opportunity to drive up the retarded QEW and and arrive at Blue Jay Way and then start urinating on the Rogers Center ediface, provoke fights for no appearent reason, start screaming about hockey (though I personally find the sport tedious at best), ask why bars aren't open past one and then drive like a moron on the QEW as most Canadians do, back across the border.

Then I'll have had my revenge at last!

You can read all about it in Artvoice!

So now L.A. has clear sailing to grab our franchise, dork.

PTR

Who gives a crap. If the Bills leave Buffalo, they are no longer my team. They will be dead to me and I'll go find something else to waste my Sundays on.

Although I don't wish death on anyone, I'm not bothered by Ted dropping if it helps keep the Bills in Buffalo. I didn't know the man but he sure came off as a pompous, arrogant prick.

RTB

Who gives a crap. If the Bills leave Buffalo, they are no longer my team. They will be dead to me and I'll go find something else to waste my Sundays on.

Although I don't wish death on anyone, I'm not bothered by Ted dropping if it helps keep the Bills in Buffalo. I didn't know the man but he sure came off as a pompous, arrogant prick.

RTB

Touche!

RTB

Exactly. You'd actually root for the "Toronto" Bills if it ever got to that?

As I said in my second post, I was merely joking about the "Death to the Infidels" comment, I was trying to stir up some Bills Jihadi spirit...i guess people didn't see the sarcasm.

But the Bills moving to LA? Is this really being brought up? They haven't had a team in 15 years, and if they haven't got their crap together, I can't imagine them having one in another 15, regardless of what Goodell says about expansion.

Besides, the city government in LA puts Buffalo to shame. They can't find the space, nor can they come to agreement, where to put a stadium. I sincerely doubt the team is going to LA.

I was a Mulroney man... :worthy:

Mulroney?!? I thought we could be friends Cincy... :lol:

Myself, even though I was a very young, still find myself captivated by Pierre Trudeau. He was the only PM we ever had that had the cajones to govern as he saw best for Canada - right or wrong - the man stuck to his principals. I'll always love his answer to a reporter questioning his response to domestic terrorrism (the PLQ attacks) "How far will you take this?"

"Just watch me."

BALLS.