This "hire a new coach" business has me thinking.

I've finally had it with Jauron. I know much of you have had it with him for quite a while, but I'm now joining you. This season had been unfair and unkind to say the least and I think a change is necessary to turn this thing around.

Many a name has been tossed around on the boards; Cowher, Schottenhiemer, Fox, Billick, Mariucci. And each have their ups and downs. Cowher is my choice, but he could go anywhere he wants and he says he's strongly leaning towards not coming back. Fox will stay in Carolina. Billick would be a decent choice. And Mariucci I'm not a fan of. At the risk of experiencing some blowback, I'm liking Marty. Cowher would be my No. 1 choice, but it's not realistic at this point,

I know that a lot of people aren't very high on "Martyball" around here. Too conservative with the lead, great in the regular season, bad in the playoffs, and so on. But I wouldn't have a problem with bringing Schottenhiemer to Buffalo. His hard-nosed approach and winning track record are certainly strong selling points to say the least.

At least he'd give Marshawn the friggin ball.

I'm not exactly thrilled about "starting over" in terms of the coaching staff, but I would certainly rather watch this team go one and done in the playoffs than settle for 7-9/8-8/ 9-7 mediocrity every year.

The head coaching talk is premature, but Jauron is not exactly a fan-favourite, especially now. So this talk seems appropriate as we as fans are quite frustrated with all the losing, further compounded by the very evil teasing of a 5-1 start to the season. His extension was never officially announced and apparently Ralph was "livid" after the Browns game, and was nowhere to be found after the Niners game.

Furthermore, it is my hunch that Ralph may finally just say f*** it to his frugality, and start spending on players and coaches so that he may see us take another run at the SB before he dies.

Thoughts?

I've finally had it with Jauron. I know much of you have had it with him for quite a while, but I'm now joining you. This season had been unfair and unkind to say the least and I think a change is necessary to turn this thing around.

Many a name has been tossed around on the boards; Cowher, Schottenhiemer, Fox, Billick, Mariucci. And each have their ups and downs. Cowher is my choice, but he could go anywhere he wants and he says he's strongly leaning towards not coming back. Fox will stay in Carolina. Billick would be a decent choice. And Mariucci I'm not a fan of. At the risk of experiencing some blowback, I'm liking Marty. Cowher would be my No. 1 choice, but it's not realistic at this point,

I know that a lot of people aren't very high on "Martyball" around here. Too conservative with the lead, great in the regular season, bad in the playoffs, and so on. But I wouldn't have a problem with bringing Schottenhiemer to Buffalo. His hard-nosed approach and winning track record are certainly strong selling points to say the least.

At least he'd give Marshawn the friggin ball.

I'm not exactly thrilled about "starting over" in terms of the coaching staff, but I would certainly rather watch this team go one and done in the playoffs than settle for 7-9/8-8/ 9-7 mediocrity every year.

The head coaching talk is premature, but Jauron is not exactly a fan-favourite, especially now. So this talk seems appropriate as we as fans are quite frustrated with all the losing, further compounded by the very evil teasing of a 5-1 start to the season. His extension was never officially announced and apparently Ralph was "livid" after the Browns game, and was nowhere to be found after the Niners game.

Furthermore, it is my hunch that Ralph may finally just say f*** it to his frugality, and start spending on players and coaches so that he may see us take another run at the SB before he dies.

Thoughts?

Really? You believe that? He has failed to possess that lack of frugality up until age 90. You think he's going to just turn that around?

I think everybody is overrating this whole frugality thing. He pays people when he needs to. He's certainly not as cheap as everyone points out. We're not the Yankees, but he has been footing the bill (no pun intended) for years on big name players (and average ones: see kelsay and schobel).

Really? You believe that? He has failed to possess that lack of frugality up until age 90. You think he's going to just turn that around?

I think everybody is overrating this whole frugality thing. He pays people when he needs to. He's certainly not as cheap as everyone points out. We're not the Yankees, but he has been footing the bill (no pun intended) for years on big name players (and average ones: see kelsay and schobel).

You're right, he's not as cheap as some make him out to be. But he is a rather smart businessman and knows he operates in a small-market area. And the contract given to Dockery and most recently Evans, are examples of his "paying up." But something has got to change.