HBO's Rome

WWVaBeach

HBO didn't cancel Deadwood. The creator wanted to do John from Cincinnati and thus cut off the show.

So someone was dumb on that and it wasn't HBO.

Rome cost a fortune and was never going to have a long run.

What are you an HBO exec or something? :huh:

No, the stories at the time said that Milch (the creator of Deadwood and John) had bot hseries in the can for HBO. When HBO ordered John from Cincinnati, he opted to do it and drop Deadwood.

Ridiculous. Deadwood was the best show I've ever seen on TV. I wouldn't wipe my ass with John From Cincinnati.

HBO didn't cancel Deadwood. The creator wanted to do John from Cincinnati and thus cut off the show.

So someone was dumb on that and it wasn't HBO.

Rome cost a fortune and was never going to have a long run.

Yeah...I'm thinking that five seasons was a little ambitious for such an expensive production. That being said, it would have been nice if they could have spread the remaining material into, say, three full seasons. After reading that I am a bit upset that we didn't get to see Augustus' full reign, particularly the Jesus angle since it would have certainly been an interesting take on the situation given the way the rest of the series went.

Would see the movie in a heartbeat but would rather see another 12 episode season, HBO has said they regret cancelling this show and wants it back, i also hope Lucious Vorenous is alive these charaters are great and you really feel for them i hope this happens.