QB options for next year

freester

Matt Hasselbach, Donovan Mcnabb, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Mark Bulger, Matt Cassel, John Beck. Some of these people may not be available.

With the possible exception of Cassel who hasn't played a game without knowing the defensive signals since HS, all of those QBs are better than Edwards. It might be a start.

Matt Hasselbach, Donovan Mcnabb, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Mark Bulger, Matt Cassel, John Beck. Some of these people may not be available.

Boller, Harrington, Grossman, and Beck are most certainly not upgrades of any sort. And I'm seriously doubting Anderson is anything other than mediocre either.

Boller, Harrington, Grossman, and Beck are most certainly not upgrades of any sort. And I'm seriously doubting Anderson is anything other than mediocre either.

Hasselbeck is an upgrade, and he runs a much more sophisticated offense than Buffalo's obvious game plan. Unfortunately, Hasselbeck has had even less than Buffalo has had this year to run an offense. I would take either Hasselbeck or McNabb on a high salary but heavily-incentive laden two-year deal. This gives Edwards two more years to figure things out and allows Buffalo to pick up another quarterback in rounds 1-3 in the 2010 draft.

Anyone besides Hasselbeck or McNabb is a step below Edwards.

I'll take Trent Edwards over all of them. Give the kid a break...how many QB's step in and carry their teams to the playoffs in their first 20 starts?

I think we have seen enough flashes of good quarterbacking to give him some time to develop. lets see how he plays these last 4 weeks, then talk about next year. Maybe our WR's not getting open really is a problem for our QB's? I cant see the whole field of play, but the announcers seemed to be ragging on our WR's for not getting open all day yesterday.

And again, maybe its our play calling, who knows.

I'm firmly in the "we need a real QB next year" camp. I'm tried of babysitting rookies hoping that someday they'll be good while the rest of our team plays hard trying to win with one hand tied behind their back.

Matt Hasselbach would definitly be an upgrade. Seattle is getting a new coach next year. Not sure how he feels about Matt. However they have no one else on their team right now that is even as good as Trent.

Donovan Mcnabb would be my first choice and may be able to be pried out of Philly by trade.

Chad Pennington wasn't mentioned but he only signed a one year deal I think with the Fish. Would be a major upgrade. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Hadn't though of Mark Bulger, but he would probably love to get out of Sant Louis. I'd take him over anybody we got now. Has been to Pro bowl etc and would command respect. Yeah, I'd do that.

Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Matt Cassel, and John Beck would be a lateral move and I wouldn't be interested. Let's see who's available in FA after the season and either sign one of them or trade for one of the names listed above.

I'm not sure if you looked up stats, but Beck was drafted ahead of Edwards and attempted a long pass once.

Check Mate.

Matt Hasselbach would definitly be an upgrade. Seattle is getting a new coach next year. Not sure how he feels about Matt. However they have no one else on their team right now that is even as good as Trent.

It's Hasselbeck, people. Normally I'm not the spelling watchdog, but you're the second person in the thread to spell it Hasselbach.

Big Ben. Dan Marino. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco maybe?

Big Ben - yes. how many throws a game did he average, 11? their running game, OL, and defense were the best in the league.

Marino - 26 years ago.

Matt Ryan - yes, he is playing great.

Flacco - managing a weak schedule with a dominant defense who scores at least once a week. They have beat 2 teams with winning records - Dolphins and Iggles. 2 wins over bengals, browns, 1 over raiders and texans.

Peyton, Eli, Favre, Kerry Collins, Cutler, Romo, Delhomme, Garcia, Warner - none of whom blew up the NFL in their first couple seasons. Cutler is probably the quickest to develop.

I'll take Trent Edwards over all of them. Give the kid a break...how many QB's step in and carry their teams to the playoffs in their first 20 starts?

I think we have seen enough flashes of good quarterbacking to give him some time to develop. lets see how he plays these last 4 weeks, then talk about next year. Maybe our WR's not getting open really is a problem for our QB's? I cant see the whole field of play, but the announcers seemed to be ragging on our WR's for not getting open all day yesterday.

And again, maybe its our play calling, who knows.

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan certainly look like they're going to do it this year . . . And Ryan has the added liability of playing in a Mike Mularky offense.