Trip down memory lane...looking back at the younger years,

RayFinkle

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a mad crush/infatuation on this beautiful girl I met in college...she always had a boyfriend, so being the wuss that I was, I settled for being her "best friend"...we have been "best friends" for close to 25 years...about 5 years ago, she came to visit, just as I was getting into a very serious relationship...we were a little buzzed on red wine, and she told me there was one night (which I remember vividly- it was the night before the LIVE AID concert, not sure why I remember that), where I could have "had her" but I just didn't pick up on the signals...I think I was just scared shitless...anyway, she aged much better than me...still a gorgeous woman...

I was with the same girl for 3 years in high school, then we broke up 2 months into college because I found out she was f*cking this other dude (as far as I can tell from pictures I have about 6 inches and 40 pounds on the guy so he better hope we never meet)...I was getting action of course but unfortunately I never got to experience the guy-girl craziness that is high school. Moral of the story is relationships at that age shouldn't last too long, you miss out on stuff.

But I have plenty of time to capitalize on opportunities now that I'm in college.

Blessing in disguise :devil:

I'm still young and chasing tail.

I'll get back to you in 10 years and let you know how it turned out. <_<

my advice to you...act and dont think too much. Just go for it like you've already ot it. The regrets will happen as a result of the overanalyzing.

i was too young and too foolish at the time to understand how wise the advice was... but when i was in high school my uncle told me "screw everything you can, even if you think shes fat or ugly now. dont be afraid of taking crap from your friends about the girl not being cute enough. do as many as you can now."

if only i had listened.

i still did alright, but he was right. there are plenty of girls i think back to now and wonder why i didnt give it at least a LITTLE effort.

When I was in my first 5 years of military I was a absolute whore. And to be honest I think it scared away some awesome looking girls who just didn't want to be on my "list"

I never forget there was this one year I was on base for about a year at Norton Air Force Base California Valentines day.

I got in on with 4 different girls in a 24 hour span.....the guys thought I was trying to set some kind of record or something but I was just being young, stupid, horny, and well....stupid

Later on I found out that little stint turned off a girl I was actually interested in a relationship with (she was smart and fine as hell) and I missed my chance because she was warming up to me. There is such a thing as too much.

i was too young and too foolish at the time to understand how wise the advice was... but when i was in high school my uncle told me "screw everything you can, even if you think shes fat or ugly now. dont be afraid of taking crap from your friends about the girl not being cute enough. do as many as you can now."

if only i had listened.

i still did alright, but he was right. there are plenty of girls i think back to now and wonder why i didnt give it at least a LITTLE effort.

"F**k a lot of women". Wasn't that Alan Arkin's advice in Little Miss Sunshine? I love that movie.

"F**k a lot of women". Wasn't that Alan Arkin's advice in Little Miss Sunshine? I love that movie.

That's exactly what he said:

Grandpa: Listen to me, I got no reason to lie to you, don't make the same mistakes I made when I was young. F^(k a lotta women kid, not just one woman, a lotta women.

When I was in little league, my coach said to crowd the plate a little and if I got hit so what? It might hurt a little, but you'll get to first base. The thing is "don't be afraid to get hit". This advice has served me well through the years. It works just as well with women as it did when facing the 12-year old that threw fireballs. Except with women, sometimes I ended up circling the bases.

So there you go. <_<

When I was in little league, my coach said to crowd the plate a little and if I got hit so what? It might hurt a little, but you'll get to first base. The thing is "don't be afraid to get hit". This advice has served me well through the years. It works just as well with women as it did when facing the 12-year old that threw fireballs. Except with women, sometimes I ended up circling the bases.

So there you go. :lol:

so just to clarify:

when talking about young, sexual prowess you equate women with a 12 year old boy throwing balls at you...

ok

:worthy:

My whole dating life is missed opportunities, but one sticks out in my mind.....

One of the first weeks of college, got drunk with a bunch of guys on my floor, we went down to the local bar. I'm hanging out on the edge, watching people when this girl that had been dancing with another girl comes over and asks if I want to dance. Being a little out of it, I say no thanks. As soon as I said it, I'm like 'sh--'. It was too late at that point.

My whole dating life is missed opportunities, but one sticks out in my mind.....

One of the first weeks of college, got drunk with a bunch of guys on my floor, we went down to the local bar. I'm hanging out on the edge, watching people when this girl that had been dancing with another girl comes over and asks if I want to dance. Being a little out of it, I say no thanks. As soon as I said it, I'm like 'sh--'. It was too late at that point.

Reminds me of a particularly frustrating college story. Very beginning of my junior year -- moving in day and a geeky guy in my frat brings over his friend from home -- smoking hot little blonde freshman who had just arrived that day. I immediatley get the rap going with her and she hangs out all afternoon but for whatever reason leaves that evening (my big mistake). But I've invited her to our planned party the next night, where I get her upstairs, completely naked and am about to close the deal when she says "wait, i don't think we should. i've never had a one night stand......except for last night" Well, I wasn't in the mood to start 'dating' some little tramp, no matter how good she looked, so needless to say I never did hit it. Ouch.

:lol: