Some observations

jahnyc

1. I am not a big fan of inexperienced coordinators and we have them on both offense and defense. At least Fewell has Jauron, but Schonert has looked out matched in a number of recent games, particularly against the 3-4 defense. Why no screens or slants? We ran Henning, Gilbride and Mularkey out of town, but they all are performing well now, probably in part due to their years of experience as offensive coordinators. Schonert's performance as OC has been sub par.

2. I don't think Trent can play in poor weather conditions, including cold weather. This does not bode well for playing in Buffalo. Maybe the more important point is the next point.

3. Do we have an NFL starting caliber qb on our roster? I am starting to think that Trent may not be the guy, both in terms of physical ability and mental fortitude. I also thought JP looked terrible today. He is clearly not the answer. If we need a new qb then we are back to square one.

4. Why are teams scoring tds on their first drives against us? Seems to happen almost every week.

5. The problems with our offense are magnified when you consider the excellent field position our special teams will usually provide. There are exceptions (i.e., Parrish fair catching at the two), but our offense has had a short field to start many drives and it still does not manage to score.

6. I don't think the Bills will fire Jauron if he signed the extension. Ralph has tried to get coaches to quit (Phillips and Mularkey) rather than pay them, but I doubt that Jauron will walk away. If we do get a new head coach, I hope he gets rid of the Tampa 2 defense and keeps April.

7. Bruce made McKelvin look bad today.

8. Finally, the Bills should feel humiliated after this loss and the loss to Cleveland. Why does this team play so flat at home? That is inexcusable.

1. I am not a big fan of inexperienced coordinators and we have them on both offense and defense. At least Fewell has Jauron, but Schonert has looked out matched in a number of recent games, particularly against the 3-4 defense. Why no screens or slants? We ran Henning, Gilbride and Mularkey out of town, but they all are performing well now, probably in part due to their years of experience as offensive coordinators. Schonert's performance as OC has been sub par.

2. I don't think Trent can play in poor weather conditions, including cold weather. This does not bode well for playing in Buffalo. Maybe the more important point is the next point.

3. Do we have an NFL starting caliber qb on our roster? I am starting to think that Trent may not be the guy, both in terms of physical ability and mental fortitude. I also thought JP looked terrible today. He is clearly not the answer. If we need a new qb then we are back to square one.

4. Why are teams scoring tds on their first drives against us? Seems to happen almost every week.

5. The problems with our offense are magnified when you consider the excellent field position our special teams will usually provide. There are exceptions (i.e., Parrish fair catching at the two), but our offense has had a short field to start many drives and it still does not manage to score.

6. I don't think the Bills will fire Jauron if he signed the extension. Ralph has tried to get coaches to quit (Phillips and Mularkey) rather than pay them, but I doubt that Jauron will walk away. If we do get a new head coach, I hope he gets rid of the Tampa 2 defense and keeps April.

7. Bruce made McKelvin look bad today.

8. Finally, the Bills should feel humiliated after this loss and the loss to Cleveland. Why does this team play so flat at home? That is inexcusable.

#7...What? All we heard all week was how McKelvin arrived....shut down corner....Ha! the vet took him to school all day long today. Maybe he'll develop, but even againts KC, 2 picks asside, he gave up a number of catches and considerable yardage. Maybe he's a bit too much of a gambler. Bruce double moves today showed that Leodis isn't anywhere near earning the shut down label.