My Thoughts On The Game

The Silver Lining to this BLACK CLOUD of a game: This game should end the rancor of the JP VS Trent on this board, & we can all vent our ANGER & FRUSTRATION where it belongs - The coaching & front office. :blink:

My biggest fear is that we do not have ananswer at qb right now. Still not ready to turn the page on Edwards, still some upside. I think Loserman might have played himself right out of the league today.

The Silver Lining to this BLACK CLOUD of a game: This game should end the rancor of the JP VS Trent on this board, & we can all vent our ANGER & FRUSTRATION where it belongs - The coaching & front office. :blink:

Apology accepted.

Today had very, very little to do with coaching. Defense had a great scheme and shut them out in the second half. We ran the ball all day, and missed open receivers left and right. Our kicker missed field goals of 20 and 39 yards.

My biggest fear is that we do not have ananswer at qb right now. Still not ready to turn the page on Edwards, still some upside. I think Loserman might have played himself right out of the league today.

You have got to be kidding. :blink::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today had very, very little to do with coaching. Defense had a great scheme and shut them out in the second half. We ran the ball all day, except into the end zone, and missed open receivers left and right. Our kicker missed field goals of 20 and 39 yards.

fixed.

I think the fact that Schonert is a rookie OC goes largely unmentioned.

Also, how come we don't seem to get the most out of our players like other coaching staffs? Trent Edwards IS a real good quarterback. Josh Reed, Lee Evans, Marchawn Lynch are all full of talent. You stick these guys into the NE or Jet's systems and they'd probably do well.

I don't get it. Maybe Ralpie Wilson needs to actually shell out some dough and get a coaching staff with a decent resume.

fixed.

Here are the plays from Buffalo's THREE trips to the redzone:

1-10-SF 19 (10:19) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 19 for no gain (91-R.McDonald).

2-10-SF 19 (10:19) M.Lynch lines up at QB (T.Edwards wide). 11-R.Parrish right end to SF 10 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements). Reverse, handoff from M.Lynch. Measurement = third down.

3-1-SF 10 (9:05) 5-T.Edwards up the middle to SF 7 for 3 yards (93-R.Fields). QB sneak.

1-7-SF 7 (8:23) (Shotgun) 22-F.Jackson left guard to SF 2 for 5 yards (32-M.Lewis, 52-P.Willis).

2-2-SF 2 (7:38) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short middle to 86-D.Fine (96-K.Balmer). Pass tipped at line, ball fell short of receiver in back of end zone.

3-2-SF 2 (7:32) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to 82-J.Reed. Thrown away under pressure: P.Willis. Receiver in front right corner of end zone.

1-10-SF 15 (12:09) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to SF 14 for 1 yard (92-A.Franklin, 51-T.Spikes).

2-9-SF 14 (11:35) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short middle to 80-D.Schouman to SF 6 for 8 yards (51-T.Spikes). FUMBLES (51-T.Spikes), recovered by BUF-66-D.Dockery at SF 6.

3-1-SF 6 (10:49) 22-F.Jackson left guard to SF 7 for -1 yards (94-J.Smith).

0-0- Timeout #2 by BUF at 10:05.

4-2-SF 7 (10:05) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 83-L.Evans (91-R.McDonald). Underthrown after QB pressure.

(following the 50 yard run)

1-9-SF 9 (10:23) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 12 for -3 yards (32-M.Lewis, 26-M.Roman).

2-12-SF 12 (9:44) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short right to 83-L.Evans to SF 4 for 8 yards (22-N.Clements). Caught at SF 5, curling to middle.

3-4-SF 4 (9:02) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short middle to 11-R.Parrish (30-D.Strickland). Receiver and coverage at goal line, crossing from left.

4-4-SF 4 (8:57) 9-R.Lindell 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

I'd say that claiming to have "abandoned" the run in the redzone is a bit dramatic, but one could make the argument that it wasn't done without historical consideration.

Nope Im not Gary. I would not be surprised if Losman is out of the league next year. The guy sucks.

Suck? No. Pay attention and play a smart, balanced game. Also, no. Does that make him suck when he has to come in off the bench? Dear God YES!

Bottom line? Unless he starts and gets his 90 yard bomb out of the way early in the game, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to put it all together.

Here are the plays from Buffalo's THREE trips to the redzone:

1-10-SF 19 (10:19) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 19 for no gain (91-R.McDonald).

2-10-SF 19 (10:19) M.Lynch lines up at QB (T.Edwards wide). 11-R.Parrish right end to SF 10 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements). Reverse, handoff from M.Lynch. Measurement = third down.

3-1-SF 10 (9:05) 5-T.Edwards up the middle to SF 7 for 3 yards (93-R.Fields). QB sneak.

1-7-SF 7 (8:23) (Shotgun) 22-F.Jackson left guard to SF 2 for 5 yards (32-M.Lewis, 52-P.Willis).

2-2-SF 2 (7:38) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short middle to 86-D.Fine (96-K.Balmer). Pass tipped at line, ball fell short of receiver in back of end zone.

3-2-SF 2 (7:32) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to 82-J.Reed. Thrown away under pressure: P.Willis. Receiver in front right corner of end zone.

1-10-SF 15 (12:09) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to SF 14 for 1 yard (92-A.Franklin, 51-T.Spikes).

2-9-SF 14 (11:35) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short middle to 80-D.Schouman to SF 6 for 8 yards (51-T.Spikes). FUMBLES (51-T.Spikes), recovered by BUF-66-D.Dockery at SF 6.

0-0- Timeout #2 by BUF at 10:05.

4-2-SF 7 (10:05) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 83-L.Evans (91-R.McDonald). Underthrown after QB pressure.

(following the 50 yard run)

1-9-SF 9 (10:23) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 12 for -3 yards (32-M.Lewis, 26-M.Roman).

2-12-SF 12 (9:44) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short right to 83-L.Evans to SF 4 for 8 yards (22-N.Clements). Caught at SF 5, curling to middle.

3-4-SF 4 (9:02) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short middle to 11-R.Parrish (30-D.Strickland). Receiver and coverage at goal line, crossing from left.

4-4-SF 4 (8:57) 9-R.Lindell 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

I'd say that claiming to have "abandoned" the run in the redzone is a bit dramatic, but one could make the argument that it wasn't done without historical consideration.

My point wasn't that they didn't try.

It was that they didn't succeed.

Suck? No. Pay attention and play a smart, balanced game. Also, no. Does that make him suck when he has to come in off the bench? Dear God YES!

Bottom line? Unless he starts and gets his 90 yard bomb out of the way early in the game, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to put it all together.

It does not really matter anymore anyways. 4 more games & he will be someones else's problem. Just remember this post though. I would not be surprised if he does not make it out of some teams training camp next year.

The problem is that even over all the changes (excutives, coaches, players), the Bills still find those ways to break your heart by collapsing like this. Maybe the problem goes beyond those entities.

I wouldn't be shocked if Losman isn't on a roster next season, but I expect he will be. One big thing he has going for him is how he has (and in particular hasn't) conducted himself this past offseason and during this season. Other than requesting a trade via his agent, he hasn't been a distraction at all. Never whined to the media about not getting traded, never whined to the media about not getting a "fair chance" to compete for the starting job, never complained publicly about not getting playing time. Teams looking for a backup or 3rd QB will take note of that, look at his physical tools, and say to themselves "we could do a lot worse."

Today had very, very little to do with coaching. Defense had a great scheme and shut them out in the second half. We ran the ball all day, and missed open receivers left and right. Our kicker missed field goals of 20 and 39 yards.

How many time outs were wasted this week?

Why was Jackson running ball down near the goal line when Lynch was tearing the 49ers to pieces?

Why were they even attempting to pass down near the goal line?

That's okay. I can count on you to keep providing the 'excuses' why Jauron and staff are still unable to provide a winning record.

How many time outs were wasted this week?

Why was Jackson running ball down near the goal line when Lynch was tearing the 49ers to pieces?

Why were they even attempting to pass down near the goal line?

That's okay. I can count on you to keep providing the 'excuses' why Jauron and staff are still unable to provide a winning record.

One timeout was wasted, by Jauron. The other two were called at the line by the QB. Fred Jackson ran ONCE in short yardage red zone opportunities. To me, you're grasping at straws to make your "Jauron is a bad coach" point.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think it was April who was calling for the "wasted" time out because it looked like they set up a tricky play for the PR which ensued. I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but it looked like GWilson intentionally lay down in front of Roscoe on the return to trip up the coverage guys. Almost worked too...

I wouldn't be shocked if Losman isn't on a roster next season, but I expect he will be. One big thing he has going for him is how he has (and in particular hasn't) conducted himself this past offseason and during this season. Other than requesting a trade via his agent, he hasn't been a distraction at all. Never whined to the media about not getting traded, never whined to the media about not getting a "fair chance" to compete for the starting job, never complained publicly about not getting playing time. Teams looking for a backup or 3rd QB will take note of that, look at his physical tools, and say to themselves "we could do a lot worse."

Yeah, your probably right.

One timeout was wasted, by Jauron. The other two were called at the line by the QB. Fred Jackson ran ONCE in short yardage red zone opportunities. To me, you're grasping at straws to make your "Jauron is a bad coach" point.

That's 2 plays near the goal line, unless of course, you think the 6 and 7 yard line are NOT near the goal line.

You never said squat about the passing plays.

Why did the QB call those timeouts? Problem with the plays getting in on time?

That's ok. You are one of the last holdouts. It will come in time.

Ummm, to anyone actually watching the game, we got the exact same play out of our QB in both the first and second half. Without looking at the # on the jersey, i would have told you that the same player started and played the entire game. That doesn't say much about either QB.