Edwards Press Conference

Trader

Maybe it's just my disappointment after a loss. I want him to care as much as I do. He seemed relieved to have the pressure off of him. Actually I don' t think he cares a lot about winning. Is it possible he lost so much at Stanford he is accustomed to to it?

Maybe it's just my disappointment after a loss. I want him to care as much as I do. He seemed relieved to have the pressure off of him. Actually I don' t think he cares a lot about winning. Is it possible he lost so much at Stanford he is accustomed to to it?

Could it possibly have anything to do with a lack of urgency infused by his current HC?

The problem is any poster on this board would suit up for the Bills next week for free for "The love of the Game". Pro atletes don't have that feeling. Everyone today laughs and jokes on the sideline while down by 20. The only time you see real emotion is when a team gets knocked out of the playoffs.

Maybe the difference is today all the way down to Little League, Pop Warner, it's stressed that winning doesn't matter. Many youth leagues don't even keep score anymore. So maybe this is just partly a product of that generation now playing professionally

The problem is any poster on this board would suit up for the Bills next week for free for "The love of the Game". Pro atletes don't have that feeling. Everyone today laughs and jokes on the sideline while down by 20. The only time you see real emotion is when a team gets knocked out of the playoffs.

Maybe the difference is today all the way down to Little League, Pop Warner, it's stressed that winning doesn't matter. Many youth leagues don't even keep score anymore. So maybe this is just partly a product of that generation now playing professionally

This is what floors me. If I were to go into the store tomorrow and put in a emotionless, half baked effort, just collecting checks as possible sales walked out, I would deservedly be disciplined, but for professional athletes it is different. The effort (or lack there of) put in by this team today was an embarassment.

Maybe the difference is today all the way down to Little League, Pop Warner, it's stressed that winning doesn't matter. Many youth leagues don't even keep score anymore.

I would pull my kids out of a league like that so fast it would probably happen during the game...those type of leagues are run by people who are losers and who have never won anything---of course winning isn't important to them...they probably played on losing teams their entire lives...

The players have a coach who believes it is acceptable to lose. Not once has he ever said this is a game we should have won, I am really upset in the way we played. Not once. The guy has no nuts I swear. Jauron would make for a very good poker player, his face and demeanor never change.