Too early to give Hamden a shot?

if edwards is done for season, how about giving hamden a shot? i haven't seen anything from JP in relief in AZ and now against SF that shows me he'll win any games for us. I say put this Hamden guy in .... he's been around long enough so he should know the playbook, he's a big guy which hopefully means strong arm, and he just looks smarter than JP. JP is a FA at end of season, no point keeping him in to max trade value.

if edwards is done for season, how about giving hamden a shot? i haven't seen anything from JP in relief in AZ and now against SF that shows me he'll win any games for us. I say put this Hamden guy in .... he's been around long enough so he should know the playbook, he's a big guy which hopefully means strong arm, and he just looks smarter than JP. JP is a FA at end of season, no point keeping him in to max trade value.

Hamden should have been backup since training camp. Losman should have been cut or traded. Good post, but it's not too early, it's 12 games too late.

Losman's game ending drive down by 7 points with almost 2 minutes left and zero timeouts from his own 18 yard line:

4 plays, minus 5 yards.

Elway-esque, huh?

I was thinking this when Serpico came in and went 3nOut. Hes not going to be here next year, hes not starting next week if TE is healthy, and i'd like to see what hamdan is made of. If they want him as a #2 next year, then that was as good a time as any to see if they should resign him or let him go.

I didn't realize a strained vajay-jay was a season-ending injury. Man what a tease Edwards was!

To answer the question, hell no it's not too early to go with Hamdan. Trent is finished and JP, who played better than Trent despite not having played since Arizona (no, kneeling down 3 times against the Chefs doesn't count) and not getting the starter's snaps, is gone at the end of the year. Hamdan is an UFA at the end of the year but he might re-sign, unlike JP. Let's see what he can do.

-. Hamdan was inactive so he could have only been activated in the 4th if my rules understanding is still as sharp as it should be.

-. Also given the relationship between Hamdan and Edwards I'm pretty sure Hamdan is happy to resign next year.

-. Jauron being the people coach feels he owns Lossman, I think if Trent will still be out next week Lossman will get the start.

-. Hamdan was inactive so he could have only been activated in the 4th if my rules understanding is still as sharp as it should be.

-. Also given the relationship between Hamdan and Edwards I'm pretty sure Hamdan is happy to resign next year.

He was talking about too early in the season, not game. And the 3rd QB can play anytime, but if he comes in before the 4th, the 1st and 2nd QB can't go back into the game.

-. Jauron being the people coach feels he owns Lossman, I think if Trent will still be out next week Lossman will get the start.

Jauron is King Nothing. He doesn't own squat. I see him starting Hamdan, now that the season's over, for the reasons I mentioned.

Sure, lets let Brain Moorman be QB or Fred Jackson or Roscoe. Now I am not saying our QB's are great but lets not hang it all on them. The sky has fallen but Hamdan is not the answer.

Jackson and Roscoe would open up some interesting Wildcat possibilities

He was talking about too early in the season, not game. And the 3rd QB can play anytime, but if he comes in before the 4th, the 1st and 2nd QB can't go back into the game.

Roger that (also clearified here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...p;confirm=true).

Basicly boils down to taking a huge risk, if he'd get injured the team would be without a QB.