Ralph and the selling of the Bills franchise?

Rayzer32

I have been hearing that Ralph says he will not sell the team until he is dead. First of all, how can he sell the team from an ash tray? Secondly, who is the heir apparent of the team if he craps out unexpectedly? Does his daughter take over? There must be something in place as to what happens with this team when he expires. Why is he so hard up about hanging on to this futility until he's gone? Gives us poor, ever supportive fans a !@#$ing break already and get a real owner in here ASAP.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I don't know what Ralph has planned. Only he does. If he leaves the team to his wife, I don't know if the same tax rules apply. I know if he leaves it to his daughter there is a massive inheritance tax due. That would all but force a sale.

If I were to guess, I'd say that Ralph's will says put the team in a trust with instructions to sell it to the highest bidder. Period.

PTR

I don't know what Ralph has planned. Only he does. If he leaves the team to his wife, I don't know if the same tax rules apply. I know if he leaves it to his daughter there is a massive inheritance tax due. That would all but force a sale.

If I were to guess, I'd say that Ralph's will says put the team in a trust with instructions to sell it to the highest bidder. Period.

PTR

Most likely with a note that says, no matter where in the world the highest bidder wants to take the team. I am sure there isn't any stipulation that says the Bills must be kept in Buffalo.

Most likely with a note that says, no matter where in the world the highest bidder wants to take the team. I am sure there isn't any stipulation that says the Bills must be kept in Buffalo.

I don't believe that stipulation can be made. Besides, how are you supposed to make back a $1B in a market where you could never make that money back?

PTR

I don't believe that stipulation can be made. Besides, how are you supposed to make back a $1B in a market where you could never make that money back?

PTR

It was a nice thought anyways. Anyways, it's not like Ralph is going to see any of the $1B. He's even gonna cheap when he's dead. :sick:

Thanks man.

It was a nice thought anyways. Anyways, it's not like Ralph is going to see any of the $1B. He's even gonna cheap when he's dead. :devil:

Thanks man.

I friend of mine who is an MBA thinks Ralph borrowed against the Bills to get all the equity out of the team before he crumps. Then when he finally does pass, we find out a dozen banks hold paper on the team.

PTR