Wilkins Ice Shelf under threat

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, the link master is back with a vengence! <_<

What's that LinkBoy? You "exposed" your own ignorance by once again failing to offer any original thoughts? Quick LinkBoy, google a response!!

<_<

The one coming from inside your head, LinkBoy?

I guess the anti-information stances of the average PPP poster dates back to 2008 and likely even earlier. If it's information that you are providing, then the average PPP poster will hate it.

Obviously I think you folks have your priorities backwards. You grow and gain perspective by learning more things and absorbing information. Running away from information, and mocking those who provide it, is not exactly a good philosophy on life.

I guess the anti-information stances of the average PPP poster dates back to 2008 and likely even earlier. If it's information that you are providing, then the average PPP poster will hate it.

Obviously I think you folks have your priorities backwards. You grow and gain perspective by learning more things and absorbing information. Running away from information, and mocking those who provide it, is not exactly a good philosophy on life.

What information have YOU absorbed in the past lifetime? Not much apparently.

I think he followed a link in my sig.

Not only do you not believe in science but you take credit for everything.

All information is good information. Connerspeak.

You're telling me? Google "global warming" and you'll find billions of pseudo-science articles and uninformed blog posts claiming that global warming is one big hoax. It's unbelievable how much misinformation there is out there. Do you believe these idiots that claim global warming is a hoax, and how many of them are out there?

Its good thing we have real scientists who do research and straighten everything out! And it's a good thing the denizens of this PPP forum do not dismiss the information gleaned by those scientists!

Edited by conner

You're telling me? Google "global warming" and you'll find billions of pseudo-science articles and uninformed blog posts claiming that global warming is one big hoax. It's unbelievable how much misinformation there is out there. Do you believe these idiots that claim global warming is a hoax, and how many of them are out there?

Its good thing we have real scientists who do research and straighten everything out! And it's a good thing the denizens of this PPP forum do not dismiss the information gleaned by those scientists!

Funny how the rest of us can discuss the topic, whereas you can only post links...and yet we're the "anti-intellectuals". You blithering idiot.

Funny how the rest of us can discuss the topic, whereas you can only post links...and yet we're the "anti-intellectuals". You blithering idiot.

You can't discuss topics. The forum is dripping with ignorance. I strongly disagree with the any suggestion that discussions around here are even close to informed.

You can't discuss topics. The forum is dripping with ignorance. I strongly disagree with the any suggestion that discussions around here are even close to informed.

You yourself are largely to blame for that. You're trying to teach "science" to professional researchers without yourself having any sort of definition of "science"? Even though you can read the exact definition in this thread itself?

Yeah, everyone else is the problem.

You yourself are largely to blame for that. You're trying to teach "science" to professional researchers without yourself having any sort of definition of "science"? Even though you can read the exact definition in this thread itself?

Yeah, everyone else is the problem.

I sent you to Bill Nye to learn some science. But since you hate information you pushed poor Bill away.

I try my best to provide links to outside information, because I myself make mistakes. You people stroke yourselves and each other and pat yourselves on the back for being the most correct person in the small little box in which you live.

Edited by conner

I sent you to Bill Nye to learn some science. But since you hate information you pushed poor Bill away.I try my best to provide links to outside information, because I myself ALWAYS make mistakes. You people stroke yourselves and each other and pat yourselves on the back for being the most correct person in the small little box in which you live.

I don't need "information" that is so obviously aimed at the ignorant such as his statement that Los Angeles was covered in ice 800 MYA. That is wrong on so many levels, but it only took me 60 secs to get to it. I didn't want to hear the rest, but I am sure you found it just more global warming proof.

Fixed your quote.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I sent you to Bill Nye to learn some science. But since you hate information you pushed poor Bill away.

I try my best to provide links to outside information, because I myself make mistakes. You people stroke yourselves and each other and pat yourselves on the back for being the most correct person in the small little box in which you live.

You've outdone yourself here. :lol:

I sent you to Bill Nye to learn some science.

No, you linked to Billy Nye as an authoritative voice providing proof positive that global warming is real. Which is like linking to the story of Peter Cottontail as an authoritative voice providing proof positive that Trix are for kids.

Which is like linking to the story of Peter Cottontail as an authoritative voice providing proof positive that Trix are for kids.

You mean Trix aren't for kids :unsure:

Next thing you'll say is that cuckoo birds don't go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs and tigers don't think Frosted Flakes are grrrrrrrreat!

Enough from the scientists. Time for the engineers to have their say:

Assumption #1: Man-made Global WarmingTM is not a hoax spawned by neo-communists, backed up by grant-seeking careerist scientists, and piled onto by welfare-seeking 3rd world dictators, but is actually real.

Assumption #2: It's effects are catastrophic. Yes, manbearpig is actually something we need to truly fear.

Assumption #3: Because scientists don't usually DO anything :lol:, it will fall to us to actually apply science and make things to help.

If we are going to build "Freds", thingies, whatevers, that cut emissions, or reduce CO2, or provide alternative energy, exactly how much CO2 do we need to stop emitting/reduce/restrict?

Oh, that's right, the scientists can't tell us.

How much is created by man, and how much is "natural". Certainly we don't want to overdo it, or all plant life on earth will die(Remember Assumption #2? Well, if humans can cause catastrophe on one end, then they can on the other). We are talking about creating a whole crapload of "Fred" units here, in the millions, so a small miscalculation can create a major problem. We have to be able to calculate the ROI of our Freds, and whether they will cause more C02 and be regulated out of the market. And, we don't want to have the legal department annoy the hell out of us at every step in our design process, never mind operations or our risk managers kill the whole project due to infeasible liability...so...we need the scientists to give us reasonable data...

But, oh, that's right, the scientists can't tell us.

And on and on. I could come up with these examples all day. Just like with clients, when the real problem is being obscured by political/personal agendas, the project has no hope of getting sound requirements defined->almost certain failure.

If the "science" isn't tightened up it's useless to people who might actually be able to do something about it. Taking about "consensus" is useless without actionable data.

Is there a consensus about the % of human C02 vs. animal vs. other. No. Until there is, from an engineering perspective, this is a waste of time. Ph.D or no Ph.D, if you can't define the problem, engineers can't solve it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo