Cripes - what is the matter with people?

stuckincincy

B-) Seriously?

Once the car has free will, try this again.

Yes.

The group doesn't have free will once the dynamics of that group kick in. Ya, one may be in the middle and want to get out (and there are ways to do it)... But, if the group is too big and the pressure too great... Forget about it... There is nowhere else to go.

Really.

Wal-Mart wants you to think exactly the way you do about free will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

The group doesn't have free will once the dynamics of that group kick in. Ya, one may be in the middle and want to get out (and there are ways to do it)... But, if the group is too big and the pressure too great... Forget about it... There is nowhere else to go.

Really.

i agree, don't know if any of you have been in the middle of a stampeding mob ... (i've been a couple of times in soccer stadiums) but there's no way you can affect it, all you can do is trying to get out of it fast and unhurt....

i agree, don't know if any of you have been in the middle of a stampeding mob ... (i've been a couple of times in soccer stadiums) but there's no way you can affect it, all you can do is trying to get out of it fast and unhurt....

I was glancing through the channels a view days ago and I stumbled onto to Inside Edition... I know before you say: "What the heck!?" But, I caught the bit where they were talking about the incident and what should one do when they find themself in such a mess... They did a test with just 30 people... The expert said, they only way out is to kind of handle it like a rip current... Leave perpendicular to the surge... Or go with the flow and "accordian" yourself out... BUT... As the crowd gets more and more intense, there will be a point when you absolutely CAN'T get out! B-):lol:

In 1991 I was visiting NYC. I was at the WTC and wanted to catch a taxi uptown to Penn Station. In between me and the line of taxis was a horde of Wall Street workers (it was about 4 PM) who were streaming into the doors for rthe PATH train station to go home. It was like trying to cross the Niagara River and I almost got swept into the building by the mass of people.

Yes.

Really.

Oh yeah, Wal-Mart has me brainwashed. I couldn't possibly care less about Wal-Mart in this whole thing.

And as is stated above, the whole crowd has free will, and they freely aloud themselves to get caught up in the mob. And yes, I HAVE been around a mob before. I've had to contain and break them up (twice). I'm not an idiot, I understand the dynamic of what was going on. The fact is, I STILL hold individuals responsible for their actions. Anything else is letting anarchy rule. Every person in that group had the free will to be there, to allow themselves to be caught up in it, and push it futher with every action or inaction.

Blaming someone else is the name of the game in the world, but I have no interest in playing. But I'm sure the jury for the suit will be far more on your side than mine, so don't worry, everyone will be happy at the end; and society will have one more well deserved limit imposed on them.