Cripes - what is the matter with people?

stuckincincy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is wrong with people? This happened at a Who concert and here too. I can't believe that nobody realized they were stepping on a screaming man and trying to stop and yell at the crowd but hey $5 off on a Hanna Montana doll makes it worth it. :)

I think the older Cinci fellow :death: would know all about the who concert.

It's because Wal-Mart refuses to go the ticket route on doorbusters like all the other stores are doing now. That's why when you watch the news, stores like Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc all have neat orderly lines of people getting in, and Wal-Mart is the one that looks like a running of the bulls.

Compare...

WalMart (not from today)

What I don't understand is... The people were going INTO the store right? Once the incident happened, why weren't the cops called and the store locked down... After the people who rushed the into the store are IN the store shopping... Where are they going to go? They would have everybody they need who caused the rush and the cameras to verify.

ANd what about the Toys R Us incident? :):death:

NEW YORK – Police were reviewing video from surveillance cameras in an attempt to identify who trampled to death a Wal-Mart worker after a crowd of post-Thanksgiving shoppers burst through the doors at a suburban store and knocked him down.

Criminal charges were possible, but identifying individual shoppers in Friday's video may prove difficult, said Detective Lt. Michael Fleming, a Nassau County police spokesman.

My favorite part:

Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling `I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."

You just trampled a man to death, but it's all about you. Every one of them who rushed in deserves to spend time in prison.

LINK

NEW YORK – Police were reviewing video from surveillance cameras in an attempt to identify who trampled to death a Wal-Mart worker after a crowd of post-Thanksgiving shoppers burst through the doors at a suburban store and knocked him down.

Criminal charges were possible, but identifying individual shoppers in Friday's video may prove difficult, said Detective Lt. Michael Fleming, a Nassau County police spokesman.

My favorite part:

Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling `I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."

You just trampled a man to death, but it's all about you. Every one of them who rushed in deserves to spend time in prison.

LINK

Why the phuck ask them to leave?... Like hell, make them stay and lock them down!

See that is the thing BM... Why didn't they just lock the people in there and close the store when the incident went down... They were going into the store I presume.

Gather all their names and what not... Then review the tape and go back one by one.

Like rats in a trap. They at least have to wait in line to check out... How long does it take to figure out there was hurt people and an incident... It takes longer to shop and check out.

Must be the "lock operator" in me... :death::blink: You should see the stupid things people do... They don't know they can't go anywhere when they get in here... We just close the gates, lock them in and wait for the Coasties to sort out the mess... And they (USCG) don't play anymore... They have the bow mounted SAW's and everything now...

Wal-Mart should be good at that... They have been known lock their own employees in... :)

What I don't understand is... The people were going INTO the store right? Once the incident happened, why weren't the cops called and the store locked down... After the people who rushed the into the store are IN the store shopping... Where are they going to go? They would have everybody they need who caused the rush and the cameras to verify.

ANd what about the Toys R Us incident? :):D

Another article

Four others were also hurt in the crush, including a 28-year-old pregnant woman. She was taken to a nearby hospital, where doctors determined her baby was fine.

Criminal charges were possible in the case, but Fleming said it would be difficult to identify individual shoppers. Authorities were reviewing surveillance video.

The store reopened around 1 p.m.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families at this difficult time. At this point, facts are still being assembled and we are working closely with the Nassau County police as they investigate what occurred."

"This incident was avoidable," said Bruce Both, President of United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1500. "Where were the safety barriers? Where was security? How did store management not see dangerous numbers of customers barreling down on the store in such an unsafe manner?" asked President Both. "This is not just tragic; it rises to a level of blatant irresponsibility by Wal-mart. UFCW Local 1500 will demand a full investigation by all levels of Government to ensure both justice for the surviving family members and to ensure the safety of current employees and the general public. This can never be allowed to happen again and those responsible must be held accountable," Both concluded.

Purcell also suggested that people visit the website http://www.walmartcrimereport.com/ to review other incidents of Wal-mart not providing a safe work and shopping experience.

Why the phuck ask them to leave?... Like hell, make them stay and lock them down!

See that is the thing BM... Why didn't they just lock the people in there and close the store when the incident went down... They were going into the store I presume.

Gather all their names and what not... Then review the tape and go back one by one.

Like rats in a trap. They at least have to wait in line to check out... How long does it take to figure out there was hurt people and an incident... It takes longer to shop and check out.

Must be the "lock operator" in me... :D0:) You should see the stupid things people do... They don't know they can't go anywhere when they get in here... We just close the gates, lock them in and wait for the Coasties to sort out the mess... And they (USCG) don't play anymore... They have the bow mounted SAW's and everything now...

Wal-Mart should be good at that... They have been known lock their own employees in... :)

They should have locked the doors and filled the place with tear gas.

They should have locked the doors and filled the place with tear gas.

No not that... They should have just let them shop and after they left, have teams of investigators herd each one to the side and take ID's, phone numbers, what not.

Now... They would have had a data base of all that were in the store and then can link it to camera's.

This is the classic case of the "Ford Pinto" lawsuit... Wal-mart will pay out in damages... Yet, it is still far cheaper than retooling the whole process or as in the Ford's case adding the part to the design.