I'd Like To Say The Media Has Reached A New Low

Steely Dan

Just turned on my T.V. which was set to CNN last night because I was watching coverage of the Mumbai attacks. I turned it on just as they are talking about being granted exclusive access to some of the victims that have survived the attacks.

This makes me believe that the hospital said ok, only one news network can come in and interview the survivors. I then imagine an intense argument from all the networks finally being decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors which CNN won. The other possibility is that CNN had a NASCAR mechanic soup up the news van and they won the race.

The blame however, falls directly on the shoulders of those who really want to see this. If everyone was appalled by this and didn't watch this kind of stuff then no network would do this but it's a ratings gold mine. It's like a car wreck that many of us crane our necks and slow down to get a good look at. I admit I do that but I shut my T.V. off for this and decided to vent here.

I'm sure the survivors were asked if it was ok if they were interviewed but the fact that any network would be interested in doing this is macabre to me but I'm positive CNN wasn't the only network fighting for this right. I'm also sure that no money exchanged hands for this because the other networks would report it immediately.

CNN just like so many other networks was jockeying for this because they didn't want to be scooped by the other networks. I used to have a little more respect for CNN because they refused to identify Corey Lidle as the pilot of the plane that crashed in NYC until many other networks had already done so but just add them to the list of crass media that is stuffed so full it's overflowing. You'll be able to read the interviews on other websites and hear about the interviews on those channels but only CNN has the guys talking on camera!!!! Good for you guys you won the ghastly game.

Just turned on my T.V. which was set to CNN last night because I was watching coverage of the Mumbai attacks. I turned it on just as they are talking about being granted exclusive access to some of the victims that have survived the attacks.

This makes me believe that the hospital said ok, only one news network can come in and interview the survivors. I then imagine an intense argument from all the networks finally being decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors which CNN won. The other possibility is that CNN had a NASCAR mechanic soup up the news van and they won the race.

The blame however, falls directly on the shoulders of those who really want to see this. If everyone was appalled by this and didn't watch this kind of stuff then no network would do this but it's a ratings gold mine. It's like a car wreck that many of us crane our necks and slow down to get a good look at. I admit I do that but I shut my T.V. off for this and decided to vent here.

I'm sure the survivors were asked if it was ok if they were interviewed but the fact that any network would be interested in doing this is macabre to me but I'm positive CNN wasn't the only network fighting for this right. I'm also sure that no money exchanged hands for this because the other networks would report it immediately.

CNN just like so many other networks was jockeying for this because they didn't want to be scooped by the other networks. I used to have a little more respect for CNN because they refused to identify Corey Lidle as the pilot of the plane that crashed in NYC until many other networks had already done so but just add them to the list of crass media that is stuffed so full it's overflowing. You'll be able to read the interviews on other websites and hear about the interviews on those channels but only CNN has the guys talking on camera!!!! Good for you guys you won the ghastly game.

Maybe if we all refuse to watch TV the Mormon terrorists will leave us alone?

No one should be surprised at the depths the media sinks to anymore, just as no one should be surprised at the blood lust of the viewers who eat this stuff up.

No one should be surprised at the depths the media sinks to anymore, just as no one should be surprised at the blood lust of the viewers who eat this stuff up.

The next step will be getting the exclusive to exhume the body and show the wounds left by the murderer. :censored: