My Thanksgiving Day 2008...

SDS

It was just the four of us this year. I'm like many out there with an uncertain employment status (that appears to be getting better, but I'm not counting my chickens quite yet). So, when I'm not nauseous about my own situation - I'm even more nauseous reading about the economy, depression, recession, hyper-inflation, etc... and worrying about the kids and what the future holds for all of us. :censored:

Since there is no sense in wasting time watching crappy football played by teams that are meaningless to me - the wife and I raked a ginormous pile of leaves in the back yard and let the kids loose. What appeared to be a subdued, anti-climatic holiday this year turned out to be one of our best!

Here are some of the better shots I took and illustrate my reasons to be thankful this year (as well as every year):

http://www.stadiumwall.com/leaves/

I hope your day was filled with such moments.

Congrats Scott on your beautiful, happy, family. As a parent of 24 years i agree that abstract moments such as those will rank up there with the happiest moments of your life.

My oldest came back from law school for Thanksgiving so all my girls are in town. They are 24, 20 and 15. Having them together made me think of times like those in your pictures. Time goes fast my friend, and it is great to see that you and your wife are cherishing this precious part of your lives when they are all yours. The smiles on their faces tell all.

Great job Scott, and may God bless your wonderful family.

PS: The job situation will be fine. A guy as smart as you will always make money. :censored:

It was just the four of us this year. I'm like many out there with an uncertain employment status (that appears to be getting better, but I'm not counting my chickens quite yet). So, when I'm not nauseous about my own situation - I'm even more nauseous reading about the economy, depression, recession, hyper-inflation, etc... and worrying about the kids and what the future holds for all of us. :censored:

Since there is no sense in wasting time watching crappy football played by teams that are meaningless to me - the wife and I raked a ginormous pile of leaves in the back yard and let the kids loose. What appeared to be a subdued, anti-climatic holiday this year turned out to be one of our best!

Here are some of the better shots I took and illustrate my reasons to be thankful this year (as well as every year):

Is the chick in your avatar your wife? If so, you are a very lucky man. My wife is hot but she would never give the Lord Stanley some tongue.

It was just the four of us this year. I'm like many out there with an uncertain employment status (that appears to be getting better, but I'm not counting my chickens quite yet). So, when I'm not nauseous about my own situation - I'm even more nauseous reading about the economy, depression, recession, hyper-inflation, etc... and worrying about the kids and what the future holds for all of us. :lol:

:censored:

Is the chick in your avatar your wife? If so, you are a very lucky man. My wife is hot but she would never give the Lord Stanley some tongue.

His avatar is the woman in Heroes (I don't know her name). SDS showed us pictures of his wife's abs after they had his son and before she was pregnant with his daughter. His wife is in great shape.

It was just the four of us this year. I'm like many out there with an uncertain employment status (that appears to be getting better, but I'm not counting my chickens quite yet). So, when I'm not nauseous about my own situation - I'm even more nauseous reading about the economy, depression, recession, hyper-inflation, etc... and worrying about the kids and what the future holds for all of us. :)

My 3 year old son was doing snow angels in the humongous pile of leaves we raked the other day. Well, I raked, he tried sweeping them off the lawn. When his 7 year old sister came home she promptly did a 2 1/2 sommersault in the pike position with a half twist into the same pile. I didn't have the camera with me but every time I think about it I get a huge chuckle. They are good for a hundred laughs a day.

We are blessed indeed. Every one of us.

Back at ya, Scott.