Did Obama bury his grandmother yet?

Wacka

I was surfing and they had a list of 145 notable people that died this year. In the list was Obama's grandmother. She died two days before the election. I don't watch the network news, but I do read the paper every day and didn't see anything about him going to her funeral.

From what I understand, he was one of the few relatives she had left. Was she cremated or buried or is she still sitting in a morgue or mortuary?

I am just curious and not doing this to stir up stuff.

I was surfing and they had a list of 145 notable people that died this year. In the list was Obama's grandmother. She died two days before the election. I don't watch the network news, but I do read the paper every day and didn't see anything about him going to her funeral.

From what I understand, he was one of the few relatives she had left. Was she cremated or buried or is she still sitting in a morgue or mortuary?

I am just curious and not doing this to stir up stuff.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printe.../25/questi.html

Q: Did Barack Obama attend his grandmother’s funeral?

ANNE COLLIER, Jonesboro

A: Neither the president-elect nor his sister, Maya Soetero-Ng, were present for the ceremony Nov. 14 for their beloved “Toot,” Madelyn Payne Dunham, 86. She died of cancer Nov. 2.

Obama and Soetero-Ng both were involved in planning the ceremony and contributed a letter that was read aloud at the service. An Obama spokesman described the event as a public goodbye from her co-workers at the Bank of Hawaii, not a family memorial or funeral.

The Obama family plans to visit Hawaii in December, and a private memorial service will be held then.