how do you set up a web page?

Pete

I would like to start a blog which includes videos, photos, music. I know I need to register a domain name, then what else? I also have the IWeb program for Apple, but it confuses the !@#$ out of me like most Apple programs. Is there any other programs I should purchase? Any good advice is much appreciated!

I would like to start a blog which includes videos, photos, music. I know I need to register a domain name, then what else? I also have the IWeb program for Apple, but it confuses the !@#$ out of me like most Apple programs. Is there any other programs I should purchase? Any good advice is much appreciated!

if that is the basic extent of your requirements, and you have no programming experience, then i suggest going here:

https://www.blogger.com/start

youll be able to get you own address such as http://pete.blogspot.com/ or http://gobills.blogspot.com/ and its much easier to customize than having to program your own site.

edit: lol, i used those domain names as examples not thinking they may already be blogs. i'd like to disclaim any endorsement of whatever may be on those blogs.

wordpress is great, but don't do it on their site. Get your own domain for $8, and build on your own. A lot of places will help you set up a wordpress blog on their hosting (godaddy i believe does it).

having your own name is much better than pete.wordpress.com

you could also check out a super easy site like tumblr.com (which also lets you use your own domain)

SDS recommended that to me also. I already had the webspace and domain name, just needed to get the Wordpress software setup on it. But if you go directly to Wordpress, it's alot easier to get setup.

I didn't even know wordpress had software. I just use their website. Works great for me.

wordpress is great, but don't do it on their site. Get your own domain for $8, and build on your own. A lot of places will help you set up a wordpress blog on their hosting (godaddy i believe does it).

yeah but the pete.wordpress.com is free, and in 5 months if you want to change to a domain, you can easily do it through whatever registrar you like.

I didn't even know wordpress had software. I just use their website. Works great for me.

Yes, they do. But then you have to get into FTP and setting it all up. Not sure how easy it is right on the Wordpress site, but I imagine it's just alot of point and click.

Fire off a PM to stevestojan. :thumbdown:

yeah but the pete.wordpress.com is free, and in 5 months if you want to change to a domain, you can easily do it through whatever registrar you like.

sure, but then you have to tell everyone your new blog addres and you lose any value you built up with the search engines....i'd start right from the beginning.