Coaching decisions

Beerball

What do Jabari Greer, Duke Preston & Bryan Scott all have in common? To a lesser extent you could also add Ashton Youboty and Leodis McKelvin to the list.

Answer...they all sat & (with the exception of McKelvin) sat & sat & sat until the coaches were forced to play them. And...lo and behold they were better than the players they were sitting behind. (that may be debatable with Scott, but there is no doubt that in certain situations having Whitner and him on the field at the same time gives the Bills a better defense)

I throw McKelvin in primarily because the coaches decided to play a (IMO) still injured McGee who should not have been on the field vs. putting McKelvin in his spot.

Any others who should be added to this list?

What do Jabari Greer, Duke Preston & Bryan Scott all have in common? To a lesser extent you could also add Ashton Youboty and Leodis McKelvin to the list.

Answer...they all sat & (with the exception of McKelvin) sat & sat & sat until the coaches were forced to play them. And...lo and behold they were better than the players they were sitting behind. (that may be debatable with Scott, but there is no doubt that in certain situations having Whitner and him on the field at the same time gives the Bills a better defense)

I throw McKelvin in primarily because the coaches decided to play a (IMO) still injured McGee who should not have been on the field vs. putting McKelvin in his spot.

Any others who should be added to this list?

Let me play devils advocate here and say the coaching staff should be commeneded for having backups ready to step in and play. (not that I believe that mind you).

Last year Anthony "Slow-Train" Thomas played over Fred Jackson. Even when everyone knew he was way past his prime, the coaching staff insisted on keeping Jackson off the field.

It's all about being super conservative. Go with the guy who has experience versus the up and coming player. I don't think DJ has ever taken a chance when it's not absolutely necessary.

Greer didn't play last year until Jason Webster's inevitable injury occurred.

This is not just a 2008 thing with DJ.

Psh. Dicky J. What an !@#$.

Quick note here: Why can we not write !@#$ on this board? !@#$ is a really honest description of the Bills and some of their personel, mainly Dicky Jauron. I mean, no one actually "moderates" the stupid duplicate conversations on this board such as the following typical threads "Does Edwards suck?" "For all of you JP-haters out there...." "Should we draft a 1st round QB?", "Edwards post-concussion", "Edwards = JP". But we won't let the word !@#$ be posted on the board? What a bunch of !@#$s.

I would never say such a thing myself and I'm not one to spread rumor or innuendo, but I've been told by others that the moderators here are !@#$.