Defense is a Concern

Casmolopitis

KC could have rolled up major points on the Bills if they didn't turn it over!

We need better LBer's, Poz seems okay but we need a monster in MLB (Urlacher in his prime -type LB)

and suggestions?

Or is the secondary hurting and the Bills defense pass mode?

OLB should be a top priority in the draft along with DE, DT, C & TE. Based on 'value' we probably won't take a TE or C in rounds 1-2 so that leaves OLB, DE & DT.

Pass rush & LB's are a huge concern. Im shocked at how well our CB's have played with a DL that cant get to the QB. I cant imagine a DL that got to the QB, our DB's would shine! LB's have been a concern for me. Is it me or does it look like our LB's have bricks tied to their feet trying to cover guys.

Pass rush & LB's are a huge concern. Im shocked at how well our CB's have played with a DL that cant get to the QB. I cant imagine a DL that got to the QB, our DB's would shine! LB's have been a concern for me. Is it me or does it look like our LB's have bricks tied to their feet trying to cover guys.

totally agree

Your eyes do not deceive you my friend. That's a huge problem with this defense. Not only is the tampa 2 becoming quickly outdated, but when you don't have lb's who can cover it looks even worse. When Kawika Mitchell is your best lb. It screams desperation mode. The coverage ability of this defense took a nose dive when we let Fletcher walk. Poz lacks any kind of quickness. Can't blitz, and is not overly good at shedding thru blockers. He's a guy who loves football "I get it". He's just not any kind of playmaker. I suspect people here will fall out of love the way they're finally realzing that chris kelsay is complete ass.

agree!

We need playmakers on the front seven! Schobel is the closet thing we have to that. If he is not making a play - he is double-teamed and this gives somebody else playmaking abilities.

Fletcher was good - he was always around the ball.

Next draft - shore up defense!

Outside of the quality or inequality of our players, would someone please teach them how to tackle? KC is a terrible team, and they ran right through us. Five guys grabbed TG and yet not one brought him to the ground. It was that way all year, it was like watching tag football. Touching without tackling doesn't count and the tackling has been abyssmal all year. Hell, its been bad for several years.

Bring back Ted Cotrell, at least he knew defenses. When we ridiculed for playing the 3-4, while everyone else ran the 4-3, now we are one of the few in the 4-3 while the rest are playing 3-4's.

Side note, did you guys see who got the ceremonial ball at the beginning of the game? None other than Walt Corey. I never realized he played LB for the Chiefs. It was a good omon for the Bills.