Chargers: should they bench LT

RLflutie7

He led the league in rushing last year, for God's sake, and he's clearly hurt this year. Since turf toe is basically a partial ligament tear, who knows whether he'll ever be the same again, but I wouldn't bet against him. Eddie George was never the same, but Antowain Smith (who had it in 2000) and Marshall Faulk bounced back just fine.

from John Madden on Sunday night. He basically said, LT isn't the same player that he was and I kind of think he's right.

I think they could get some things done with Darren Sproles and Jacob Hester and there's no shame in that.

LT has always seemed to struggle against the better teams. At least once or twice a year he has a terrible game.

The guy's been great and he can score at will, but he's fallen off the last two years.

The thing that always stood out about LT was his explosiveness. It's gone. They are blaming it on his toe, but we've seen this before, when the switch goes off it usually stays off. Thurman lost it at about the same time, but the difference was that IMO Thurman wasn't as reliant on his physical gifits. LT looks like a fish out of water without his burst.

from John Madden on Sunday night. He basically said, LT isn't the same player that he was and I kind of think he's right.

I think they could get some things done with Darren Sproles and Jacob Hester and there's no shame in that.

LT has always seemed to struggle against the better teams. At least once or twice a year he has a terrible game.

The guy's been great and he can score at will, but he's fallen off the last two years.

I said at the beginning of the season in the "Which RB's To Watch" threads that I believed LT would begin slowing down this year. People gave me alot of crap for it. Well, you can call me Jeremiah or something because all of SD is weeping right now. He'd played at such a high level for what, 5 years now? He can't go forever. San Diego WILL be looking for a RB this offseason either in the draft or in FA. Brandon Jacobs is a FA after this year.