45-35

Chilly

This was heading for a train wreck as soon as Chokelahoma beat Tech.

Of course I would have liked to see UT in the title game, but in a way this is just another in long list of reasons this BCS system needs to go away and fast. Of course, we know that won't happen because a playoff would mean the student athletes would miss too many classes. :sick:

If they put Chokelahoma in that title game that is a farce

No it is not. This has got to be the BCS' worst nightmare. There really is no right answer here. Too bad the comish for the Big 12 can not step in & boot Mizzou out of the Big 12 title game & pit Oklahoma vs texas. Then along with Alabama/Flordia you would have your 4 team playoff. BCS is in a nowin situation this year. OU & Texas have legit arguements for being in the NC.

Someone please explain how the Big 12 championship is between two teams we beat, both by 10+ points.

I feel your frustration & do feel for you but if you are going to use this arguement then Texas tech trumps you. Sorry, you want to play the game of who beat who then Tech should get the nod over the horns. Can not have it both ways.

This is pretty funny... :blink:

Before the game, the controversy about whether Oklahoma, Texas or Texas Tech should represent the Big 12 South in the conference championship game was sky-high. An airplane buzzed with a banner that read “TEXAS 45 OKLAHOMA 35 — SETTLED ON A NEUTRAL FIELD.” “To me, that’s a little bit ridiculous,” Bradford said. “If it comes to that and it doesn’t come to what happened on the football field and stuff, to me maybe we might need to start looking and going another direction.”

I feel your frustration & do feel for you but if you are going to use this arguement then Texas tech trumps you. Sorry, you want to play the game of who beat who then Tech should get the nod over the horns. Can not have it both ways.

The argument is between us and Oklahoma. By the sane rules of the SEC, you eliminate the lowest ranked team, then if the top two are ranked within 5 spots of the BCS, you take the head-vs-head score.

Too bad the Big 12 is freaking insane.

The argument is between us and Oklahoma. By the sane rules of the SEC, you eliminate the lowest ranked team, then if the top two are ranked within 5 spots of the BCS, you take the head-vs-head score.

Too bad the Big 12 is freaking insane.

The problem is there is no right answer here. Both teams have legit claims. I know that probably hurts to hear that but that is just the way it is. Nobody is playing better then Oklahoma right now.

This was heading for a train wreck as soon as Chokelahoma beat Tech.

Of course I would have liked to see UT in the title game, but in a way this is just another in long list of reasons this BCS system needs to go away and fast. Of course, we know that won't happen because a playoff would mean the student athletes would miss too many classes. :blink:

Of course the NCAA cares about the welfare of the student athlete. That is why they changed the D1 baseball season so most teams are playing 5 games per week now.

The problem is there is no right answer here. Both teams have legit claims. I know that probably hurts to hear that but that is just the way it is. Nobody is playing better then Oklahoma right now.

I heard that same exact "Nobody is playing better" argument when we played em. :blink: I don't buy that argument either, seeing as how Oklahoma gave up 41 points to OK State and 28 points to lowly A&M within the past 3 weeks.

Oklahoma has had a great year, there's no doubt. However, we've done better against every common opponent against Tech, and we beat them head to head on a neutral field, so I don't know how they can have a legit claim over us.

I heard that same exact "Nobody is playing better" argument when we played em. :blink: I don't buy that argument either, seeing as how Oklahoma gave up 41 points to OK State and 28 points to lowly A&M within the past 3 weeks.

Oklahoma has had a great year, there's no doubt. However, we've done better against every common opponent against Tech, and we beat them head to head on a neutral field, so I don't know how they can have a legit claim over us.

They just do. You guys lost a game to a top 10 team & so did they. If you wanted there to be no controversey, Texas should of went undefeated. There is no right answer here & the sad fact is that one team is going to get the shaft. I will even throw in USC & Penn St in the mix. If there was ever a year that needed a playoff this is it imo. I feel bad for the teams.

Interesting side note. Stoops does not have a vote in the polls & Mack Brown does. I wonder if that is going to have an effect in the rankings.

& they scored 61 points. Texas was lucky as hell to get out of dodge with a win at home against Okl St.

& they scored 61 points. Texas was lucky as hell to get out of dodge with a win at home against Okl St.

& didn't look very good doing it, if you watched the game. OU's defense is playing terrible, not like the best team that people claim.

So, to B word some more, because we got royally screwed...

People are reporting that every computer poll that publishes it's SOS has UT with the better SOS. We beat Oklahoma head-to-head. How in the world did the computers screw us?!

People are reporting that every computer poll that publishes it's SOS has UT with the better SOS. We beat Oklahoma head-to-head. How in the world did the computers screw us?!

It really is unfortunate the way it is going down. Championship games sometimes are weird birds, maybe OU gets upset by Mizzou.

It really is unfortunate the way it is going down. Championship games sometimes are weird birds, maybe OU gets upset by Mizzou.

Oh good God! If that happens and Texas gets back into a BCS title game, then you'll have people screaming that a team that didn't even play in it's conference championship game shouldn't be playing for the national championship.

Like I said, this got dicked up from the very beginning this year. It's not the first time it's happened and it definitely won't be the last time either.

Football will once again be an after thought for me both in the college and professional games.

Because, somehow, the coputers decided that OU is better than 12-0 Alabama. I don't care what any team looked like. If you go unbeaten in a major BCS conference, and there are no other major unbeatens, you should be #1 across the board.