Troubling Development in NFL IMO

StupidNation

There are 2 plays by Mitchell that absolutely tell me the NFL is going to be harder and harder to stomach as time goes on. Last week Mitchell pushed a guy out of bounds and got flagged for roughness even though the guy was in bounds 20 seconds after the play, and this past week he pushed the QB rather than the drill the guy for the safety for fear of another roughing penalty because he though the ball was out of his hands.

This is ridiculous. Either the refs have to call the plays dead in advance in order to avoid injury and make it 2 hand touch, or let it be a freaking football game. Seeing Mitchell push Thigpen instead of drop him smacks of this insane double-standard. I think Polomalu's statements about the future of the NFL was certainly hyperbole, but certainly not far off.

It's even worse with the "protected" players of the NFL and teams like the Cheatriots who commit murder on both sides of the ball in comparison to the other teams without penalties.

That call in the Browns game was pathetic. There was no flag initially because it was a legal hit. The zebra only threw it after he saw Harrison whack his head against the benches, as if that somehow made it illegal. :)

There are 2 plays by Mitchell that absolutely tell me the NFL is going to be harder and harder to stomach as time goes on. Last week Mitchell pushed a guy out of bounds and got flagged for roughness even though the guy was in bounds 20 seconds after the play, and this past week he pushed the QB rather than the drill the guy for the safety for fear of another roughing penalty because he though the ball was out of his hands.

This is ridiculous. Either the refs have to call the plays dead in advance in order to avoid injury and make it 2 hand touch, or let it be a freaking football game. Seeing Mitchell push Thigpen instead of drop him smacks of this insane double-standard. I think Polomalu's statements about the future of the NFL was certainly hyperbole, but certainly not far off.

It's even worse with the "protected" players of the NFL and teams like the Cheatriots who commit murder on both sides of the ball in comparison to the other teams without penalties.

I totally agree with what you're saying, but I think on that particular play Mitchell decided to go for the ball and fumble recover TD instead of taking the sack and a safety. That was my first impression anyway.

I totally agree with what you're saying, but I think on that particular play Mitchell decided to go for the ball and fumble recover TD instead of taking the sack and a safety. That was my first impression anyway.

I watched the reply and he wasn't advancing once he thought the ball was gone and just pushed him and stopped moving his feet. He had to be careful of hurting little Thigpen with the ball because the league has gone insane. As a matter of fact you can see a clear delay after he pushes him thinking the play was over for him.

Yes, as the other posted said it's a sad day to see the game taken over by flag-happy zebras.

I watched the reply and he wasn't advancing once he thought the ball was gone and just pushed him and stopped moving his feet. He had to be careful of hurting little Thigpen with the ball because the league has gone insane. As a matter of fact you can see a clear delay after he pushes him thinking the play was over for him.

Yes, as the other posted said it's a sad day to see the game taken over by flag-happy zebras.

Can we really blame the refs? You have to know their orders are coming straight from the top. There's no reason the refs would want to protect the QB, but the NFL certainly wants to.

Mitchell needs to relearn how to tackle. He was brutal yesterday. He had a ton of whiffs.

Must agree with you here.

Mitchell was horrible yesterday. On one "tackle", he barely just pushed the guy.

I had thought Kawika was going to be a great influence for the Bills, but he has been pretty lame IMO.

Must agree with you here.

Mitchell was horrible yesterday. On one "tackle", he barely just pushed the guy.

I had thought Kawika was going to be a great influence for the Bills, but he has been pretty lame IMO.

I guess leading the team in sacks and single-handedly winning us the game against the Chargers is lame, huh? Everybody on this board just reacts to what happened last week. Every player seems to be judged based on his performance in the most recent game.

Do you watch the NFL every Sunday and Monday? There are tremendous hits being dished out in every game all game. Your topic is just plain stupid. Pro Football is the greatest game played on this earth in my opinion. Just enjoy it. The hitting is ferocious.

Do you watch the NFL every Sunday and Monday? There are tremendous hits being dished out in every game all game. Your topic is just plain stupid. Pro Football is the greatest game played on this earth in my opinion. Just enjoy it. The hitting is ferocious.

Actually I do. The only big hits are in the secondary only during downs and on kick-offs. To think otherwise is just plain fallacious. Show me the big QB hits that used to exist? I'll wait for some proof.

Sage, I agree it's the guys in the offices not on the field.