Trouble at the top

VOR thats just what I mean-all the teams he,s gone to have done well- dont forget Indy! and the Bills have been lost since

Jim, you may as well be talking to the wall. There are those who believe all NFL franchises operate just like Buffalo.

What they don't realize is most franchises don't have a meddling owner, replete with no GM or GM type guiding the personnel side of the football team.

We're left with a business/marketing guy who by all accounts is good in that position, but lacks experience in football ops.

Agree that Polian's departure was the epic move which has prevented this team from moving forward. They never replaced him, and now we don't even have a GM.

Jim, you may as well be talking to the wall. There are those who believe all NFL franchises operate just like Buffalo.

What they don't realize is most franchises don't have a meddling owner, replete with no GM or GM type guiding the personnel side of the football team.

We're left with a business/marketing guy who by all accounts is good in that position, but lacks experience in football ops.

Agree that Polian's departure was the epic move which has prevented this team from moving forward. They never replaced him, and now we don't even have a GM.

I understand you dislike the FO and all; therefore, I'm wasting my fingers by typing this response. However, what you and so many others that rail on Ralph and the FO do that bugs me is mis-represent the facts to prove your point.

You state, "They never replaced him". But, you're wrong. Haven't we had Butler and TD, both traditional GMs since Polian's departure? And currently we have Russ running the FO in a similar vein as the Pats* FO. So, just state you hate all the GMs since Polian. There's no need to fabricate statements and imply we haven't had a GM since Polian.

Similarly, you imply that Ralph is unique in that he "meddles" with the way the franchise is run. However, you neglect all the meddling owners of other teams such as the Cowboys, Redskins, Pats*, and Raiders (and that's all that I can think of in my limited knowledge). So, maybe Ralph taking an interest in his franchise isn't such a rarity as you imply?

It's kinda like the posters that state we've ignored the lines over the past 3 years, but what they mean is we've just addressed the lines differently than they would like. Whether you draft OL or sign FA Olinemen, you're addressing the line. But, people get upset because we're not drafting Olinemen; therefore, we're ignoring the lines.

See the difference? Disagree with the moves, but don't say they're not doing anything. Disagree with the way Russ is running the FO, but don't suggest that he's not performing the duties of a GM, regardless of title.

I understand you dislike the FO and all; therefore, I'm wasting my fingers by typing this response. However, what you and so many others that rail on Ralph and the FO do that bugs me is mis-represent the facts to prove your point.

You state, "They never replaced him". But, you're wrong. Haven't we had Butler and TD, both traditional GMs since Polian's departure? And currently we have Russ running the FO in a similar vein as the Pats* FO. So, just state you hate all the GMs since Polian. There's no need to fabricate statements and imply we haven't had a GM since Polian.

Similarly, you imply that Ralph is unique in that he "meddles" with the way the franchise is run. However, you neglect all the meddling owners of other teams such as the Cowboys, Redskins, Pats*, and Raiders (and that's all that I can think of in my limited knowledge). So, maybe Ralph taking an interest in his franchise isn't such a rarity as you imply?

It's kinda like the posters that state we've ignored the lines over the past 3 years, but what they mean is we've just addressed the lines differently than they would like. Whether you draft OL or sign FA Olinemen, you're addressing the line. But, people get upset because we're not drafting Olinemen; therefore, we're ignoring the lines.

See the difference? Disagree with the moves, but don't say they're not doing anything. Disagree with the way Russ is running the FO, but don't suggest that he's not performing the duties of a GM, regardless of title.

Man, that was well put.