McKelvin - Congrats on the big day

Kipers Hair

What's with the gang symbols he flahses after doing something great? I like the celebrating and all, but enough already with flashing the symbols - remember Sean Taylor - cut it out...

And you know that's a gang symbol how? I'll assume you meant the X he made with his arms after the TD. Maybe it's a shout out to his brother or something innocent like that. Why does it have to be a gang symbol?

Not to speculate, but the league made a big deal about no longer allowing gang symbols in TD celebrations anymore. Considering how rookies must attend numerous mandatory meetings to learn such rules, I doubt he would be doing that. Lynch has a habit of flashing some sign that has to do with a children's foundation or something I'm pretty sure.

And you know that's a gang symbol how? I'll assume you meant the X he made with his arms after the TD. Maybe it's a shout out to his brother or something innocent like that. Why does it have to be a gang symbol?

Maybe he's doing the "X Factor" symbol like Dante Hall used to

Ohhh - He's just trying to be cool...OK then.... (I'd have more respect if it were gang related...).

Because....you're a fan of street gangs? You posted the thread to complain about McKelvin flashing gang signs, and then once that is debunked you move on to saying that you'd have more respect for him if it was gang related.

Ohhh - He's just trying to be cool...OK then.... (I'd have more respect if it were gang related...).

The skull and crossbones gesture originated, or at least were made famous by, the blackshirts defense of those great University of Nebreska teams

since then, its been emulated by defensive players across the country. We did it on my defense when I played D-III football back in the day...

From Wikipedia: "The logo of the Blackshirts, the starting defensive unit for the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team, is a Skull and Crossbones with the skull wearing the team helmet. The players and fans often celebrate by "throwing the bones", where they cross the forearms in front of the chest, in a 'X', imitating the logo."

Because....you're a fan of street gangs? You posted the thread to complain about McKelvin flashing gang signs, and then once that is debunked you move on to saying that you'd have more respect for him if it was gang related.

:rolleyes: I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Kiper's Brain would be more accurate.

??? Debunked - (No - that reply was a commentary on the skull and crossbones symbol and how fun that must be to flash when doing well...)

So continue debunking if you will...

??? Debunked - (No - that reply was a commentary on the skull and crossbones symbol and how fun that must be to flash when doing well...)

So continue debunking if you will...

Oh, I'm sorry, there was some proof in this thread that it was a gang sign? I musted have missed it.

Oh, I'm sorry, there was some proof in this thread that it was a gang sign? I mused have missed it.

I have no proof - but I do not agree with the shout out to Nebraska - though I think we have a winner - I saw someone indicate he is giving his hometown a flash...That works...

So apologies to all McKelvin supporters and otherwise - I respect a man shoing his hometown some respect...(the skull and bones thing though - even if it was, unless you went to Nebraska, how could you defend that???)

So apologies to all McKelvin supporters and otherwise - I respect a man shoing his hometown some respect...(the skull and bones thing though - even if it was, unless you went to Nebraska, how could you defend that???)

Does it need defending? It's a much milder celebration than we see from these guys at times, and I don't think it was exactly tasteless. Plus, it was on the sideline, so he wasn't trying to show up KC or anything.

I have no proof - but I do not agree with the shout out to Nebraska - though I think we have a winner - I saw someone indicate he is giving his hometown a flash...That works...

Now I'd like to know the reasoning why you thought it was a gang sign. Is it because he's black?