Ellis Gets His First Tackle!

Steely Dan

I still cant stand the guy. I dont think he will be anything special. Hope I am wrong.....

I'm disappointed that he couldn't get more playing time with Schobel out. He must not be making an impression on the coaches. I wouldn't call him a bust yet just disappointing. :rolleyes:

I still cant stand the guy. I dont think he will be anything special. Hope I am wrong.....

He was actually getting past the edge on his man today, and from Schobel's position. Did anyone else notice this, or are folks writing it off because it was quasi-garbage time? Kelsay and Denney get sealed off, where it looked like Ellis was at least getting up the field. Could him and Schobel be a tough combo coming down the stretch?

I wish the coaches kept Crowell off IR. He woulc have missed two games, and I bet he would have made that tackle on that 60 yard run on Monday Night. Schobel has been out weeks, put him on the IR and get a DE who is not injured. We still need help there, and you cant get worse than Kelsay/Denney.

He must not be making an impression on the coaches.

Neither was Leodis. 'til they finally let him play.

Neither was Fred Jackson. 'til they finally let him play

Neither was Jabari Greer. 'til they finally let him play.

Neither was Steve Johnson. 'til they finally let him play.

Neither was Ashton Youboty. 'til they finally let him play.

Neither was Bryan Scott. 'til they finally let him play.

Anybody sensing a trend here?

You mean that the coaching staff is awesome at knowing when talent is ready, right?

I know! I'm just surprised he hasn't been ready yet it seems slow.

I think you are right and the compatition for jobs would help make better players out of the guys in there too. We need the depth to have a rotational team. How many reps you get in there affects your freshness (see Miami who use almost everyone a limited number of times) and gives the other team something to think about. Plus it improves your depth.

I also wouldn't have minded seeing a lot more second stringers in the last 9 or 10 minutes. The game was won I would have put GH at QB and seen some of the Omen.

I think you are right and the compatition for jobs would help make better players out of the guys in there too. We need the depth to have a rotational team. How many reps you get in there affects your freshness (see Miami who use almost everyone a limited number of times) and gives the other team something to think about. Plus it improves your depth.

I also wouldn't have minded seeing a lot more second stringers in the last 9 or 10 minutes. The game was won I would have put GH at QB and seen some of the Omen.

I'm posting this exact same message in another thread:

If we had won two of the last four games, sitting now at 8-3, I'd agree that the starters should have been rested. Instead, we're 6-5 and every game matters from here on out. The starters need all the practice/confidence they can get.

Marv Levy had this problem too! It bothered me then!