Play Action and Josh Reed

The Big Cat

So evidently somebody cued the Bills coaching staff into this whole "play action thing." I think they ran PA more today than they have in the last three years COMBINED. And I'm note even kidding.

I've been saying for the last five weeks: Josh Reed is PROFOUNDLY critical to the offense. He gets first downs and sustains drives better than ANY other option we have lining up opposite LE.

And on a side note: Anyone notice Chris Ellis out there? It was nice seeing a DE get some penetration from time to time.

Leodis McKelvin is a monster!

Almost from the moment Reed entered the league, he's always been open. He's unlike most Bills because he is so instinctive and football smart. Now that he's not dropping balls and killing drives the way he did for so many years, he is coming into his own. Most good teams have a Kevin Faulk type of player who doesn't put up the Pro Bowl numbers, but who beats you on key downs and I hope that Reed can be that guy going forward. No question he is Trent's security blanket.

Tony Gonzalez was awesome again today. Man, he would have been a great fit in Buffalo. Especially with Reed down. IMO, he would have made a difference in some of those losses.