Jim Kelly's face on Monday night after that kick

1billsfan

...erie.

It so captured every Buffalo Bills fans emotion at that very moment. It was disbelief, anger, shock, disgust, disappointment and frustration all in one expression.

I wondered if he secretly wanted to wring Dick Jauron's scrawny neck for him and every member of that first Bills Superbowl team who would have given an arm AND a leg for those extra 44 seconds to get within closer range for Norwood.

Guest dog14787
...erie.

It so captured every Buffalo Bills fans emotion at that very moment. It was disbelief, anger, shock, disgust, disappointment and frustration all in one expression.

I wondered if he secretly wanted to wring Dick Jauron's scrawny neck for him and every member of that first Bills Superbowl team who would have given an arm AND a leg for those extra 44 seconds to get within closer range for Norwood.

I hope it was the face of someone who was tired of the same old BS year after year and intends to do something about it when the year is over, or better yet, how about right now. :censored:

I think Jim Kelly added into the coaching staff as QB coach or better yet OC will help win ball games. :thumbsup:

I hope it was the face of someone who was tired of the same old BS year after year and intends to do something about it when the year is over, or better yet, how about right now. :censored:

I think Jim Kelly added into the coaching staff as QB coach or better yet OC will help win ball games. :thumbsup:

He'd def overhaul this offense we run....

and it would turn into a mess this year....

Having said that I'm not a Schonert fan...He had a chance to change this offensive scheme and he didnt...He continues to call the same game weve seen the past couple years...

Still to predictable...doesnt trust the run game enough to stick with it(which i cannot understand at all)....He still hasnt found a way to get the ball in Lee Evans hands(how bout a hitch or WR screen a couple times a game)...and we still dont throw the ball downfield(prob more on Edwards then Schonert)

The one thing I have liked is he is using the back in the pass game more then Fairchild did...but he hasnt even scratched the surface of what he can do with Lynch/Jackson..... I'm still waiting for an offensive scheme that features them both....

I love the idea of Jim as the OC! If they wanted to go that route I'd be for someone like Marriuchi for the replacement head coach. Does he even have that coaching bug though?

Think about how much knowledge was standing on the sideline in Kelly, while the Bills set the NFL passing game back 50 years in time.

He'd def overhaul this offense we run....

and it would turn into a mess this year....

Having said that I'm not a Schonert fan...He had a chance to change this offensive scheme and he didnt...He continues to call the same game weve seen the past couple years...

Still to predictable...doesnt trust the run game enough to stick with it(which i cannot understand at all)....He still hasnt found a way to get the ball in Lee Evans hands(how bout a hitch or WR screen a couple times a game)...and we still dont throw the ball downfield(prob more on Edwards then Schonert)

The one thing I have liked is he is using the back in the pass game more then Fairchild did...but he hasnt even scratched the surface of what he can do with Lynch/Jackson..... I'm still waiting for an offensive scheme that features them both....

Is it Schonert? Seen it the last couple of years huh? Run the ball and short passing? Sounds like you should switch the Schonert with Jauron there friend :censored:

Is it Schonert? Seen it the last couple of years huh? Run the ball and short passing? Sounds like you should switch the Schonert with Jauron there friend :censored:

Schonert could be conservative due to Jauron....but predictability is all on Schonert....

Monday night for the first time all season we ran out of the shotgun more then once...we finally gave the opposition a different look from that formation...it only took 11 weeks....

Thats not Jauron...that Schonert

I love the idea of Jim as the OC! If they wanted to go that route I'd be for someone like Marriuchi for the replacement head coach. Does he even have that coaching bug though?

Think about how much knowledge was standing on the sideline in Kelly, while the Bills set the NFL passing game back 50 years in time.

I personally don't understand why there aren't more former QBs at OC. On the field, they are responsible for understanding every single facet of the offense and comprehending how to correctly read and analyze defenses, so why don't teams use that talent when they get off the field? It's the same reason that almost half of all the managers in baseball used to be catchers.

I personally don't understand why there aren't more former QBs at OC. On the field, they are responsible for understanding every single facet of the offense and comprehending how to correctly read and analyze defenses, so why don't teams use that talent when they get off the field? It's the same reason that almost half of all the managers in baseball used to be catchers.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling he wants to be a bigger part of the Buffalo Bills. Maybe it's just seeing him on the sideline showing so much passion for his team. If he does want the OC job and is ready to devote the time and energy then the Bills would be foolish to turn him down. Jauron needs to hit the road regardless of the changes to the offense.

Evceryone loved schonert the first half of the year. I'm an Edwards fan-but i thinkit is more edwards than schonert.

Yeah, but TrINT has been predictably crappy.

Edwards has been awful....Even when were 5-1 and prior....he was average at best, but he didnt turn over the ball...and he was able to turn it on in the 4th quarter....

When your a average QB(with potential to get better)...you cant turnover the ball....If you do...you lose...bottom line

Guest dog14787
Evceryone loved schonert the first half of the year. I'm an Edwards fan-but i thinkit is more edwards than schonert.

I was one of Turk Shonerts biggest fans and I still think he's an awesome coach but this problem started with Fairchild and until we finish excorcising the demons we will be haunted by Fairchild. :censored:

This is TE getting mishandled with a sophisticated offense that has to have everything in perfect working order including the O-line in order to work properly. This is TE getting mishandled because of the lack of a running game. This is TE getting slammed to the ground time after time because of the F%$king offense we try to run period!!!!!

Jim Kelly is too smart for that. Many posters of course are not especially feet they put in mouth.

I agree...look at Singletary in SF---those guys are playing their arses off for him.

I was one of Turk Shonerts biggest fans and I still think he's an awesome coach but this problem started with Fairchild and until we finish excorcising the demons we will be haunted by Fairchild. :censored:

This is TE getting mishandled with a sophisticated offense that has to have everything in perfect working order including the O-line in order to work properly. This is TE getting mishandled because of the lack of a running game. This is TE getting slammed to the ground time after time because of the F%$king offense we try to run period!!!!!

You forgot, "This is TE getting slammed to the ground for holding onto the ball for for 6 seconds"

And yet they have a 1-2 record to show for it since he became HC.

yeah after they threww away that game on MON Nite--dont be silly. Its the effort and the toughness that count. The Bills--exc for Lynch and as few others--need a good dose of that.

Actually, that shot of Kelly after Lindell's really stuck out to me as well...just as that exact face, same expression, a few less wrinkles, was shown immediately after Norwood's infamous miss in Super Bowl 25. It was the first thing I thouhgt of. I distinctly remember that shot from the Super Bowl...my girlfriend, at that time, a New York born Giants fan, turned to me when they showed Kelly and said, "wow, I feel really bad for him..." It was the same face...how little things have changed...