BILLS vs ATL

:unsure:

Actually, Matt Millen was trying to build a winner. The Bills "blueprint" this century would not be considered by any but the most daft.

What kind of an argument is that?

No matter what people may feel about Jauron, using Matt Millen as an example of good football management is like saying that Ronnie Jones was a good special teams coach because he wanted to build a winning special teams program.

What kind of an argument is that?

No matter what people may feel about Jauron, using Matt Millen as an example of good football management is like saying that Ronnie Jones was a good special teams coach because he wanted to build a winning special teams program.

Well GG, let me rephrase it slightly, as I was not suggesting Millen as an example of good football management. The goal of any team is to win. (I don't think Millen was intentionally trying to fug up, but given the results, I guess it is possible. As you imply, he tended to hold the wrong end of the hammer.) It doesn't follow that any GM/Pres., even one that sucked and is out of work, would be smiling his arse off if he picked a guy that has gone 19-23 over one that went 10-32. Either way, it is NOT the results required; again, the goal is winning, not losing but losing somewhat less frequently. So, if Millen had stuck with 1-4 Jauron, he'd almost certainly still be fired and Detroit fans would not be thrilled.

The second part is pretty simple. The Bills haven't made the playoffs this century. This is not a successful franchise at this point. Only an imbecile would want to go down the exact same path as the Bills have as their chosen road to success. There are much better models out there: the Patriots, the Giants, the Colts, ...