Trent Edwards = Kelly Holcolmb (minus the experience)

Chuckknox

Well obviously he isn't bombing the ball down the field with regularity but he has 28 passing plays of 20+ yards, good for 6th in the NFL.

He looked disoriented on monday night, yet we still had a chance to win. Hopefully he just needed to get some bonch and will be ok.

Well obviously he isn't bombing the ball down the field with regularity but he has 28 passing plays of 20+ yards, good for 6th in the NFL.

He looked disoriented on monday night, yet we still had a chance to win. Hopefully he just needed to get some bonch and will be ok.

How dare you make such an assertion???

Haven't you been reading these boards at all? If you had been, you'd know that Edwards is a lousy good-for-nothing weak-armed QB who wouldn't even be able to throw it down field if he wasn't too scared to!

Amazing how the YAC pads the stats of the QB isn't it. :unsure:

How dare you make such an assertion???

Haven't you been reading these boards at all? If you had been, you'd know that Edwards is a lousy good-for-nothing weak-armed QB who wouldn't even be able to throw it down field if he wasn't too scared to!

well, it doesn't mean he threw the ball 20 yards

just that the play went 20+

a dump off for-3 and a 23 yard rac counts

that being said plays for 20+ yards at a time are a good thing

Just to admit here, I'd've went with Holcolmb over JP if he wasn't 33-34 years old and physically unable to throw mid-long passes. You can't/shouldn't build a franchise around someone in the twilight.

TE has hit a bit of a sophomore slump.... but even in the losses I can see that he has good fundamentals. Early on Monday, well, sh-- happens sometimes and there will be days like that. What's more telling to me is that 15-20yard laser he put to Royal with ~1:30 left. Kid finally got it together with time to win and then the coaches went into a shell.

Just to admit here, I'd've went with Holcolmb over JP if he wasn't 33-34 years old and physically unable to throw mid-long passes. You can't/shouldn't build a franchise around someone in the twilight.

TE has hit a bit of a sophomore slump.... but even in the losses I can see that he has good fundamentals. Early on Monday, well, sh-- happens sometimes and there will be days like that. What's more telling to me is that 15-20yard laser he put to Royal with ~1:30 left. Kid finally got it together with time to win and then the coaches went into a shell.

I strongly agree

His fundamentals and mechanics are bad. If you can't see that your kind of lacking in football knowledge.

He completes passes and moves the team. Some bad plays or, even, days here and there. Like I said, sh-- happens. I'll take this over one 80-yard bomb per game (vs. teams w/o good CBs) and a sh-- ton of sacks and 3'n'outs.

This KC game may be just what he needs to get his mind right again. Nice 51-yarder to LE a minute ago. Heck of a dump-off, no?

QB play is about #15 on the list of this team's problems.