OK, Hillary is Secretary of State

BillsNYC

So, Nita Lowey "deserves" a Senate seat because she was considering running once before? Gee, she is, therefore, loaded with qualifications....

And let's not even think about scouring the bushes for a Kennedy to appoint. Although, maybe Bobby Kennedy should be considered since he appears to have the same qualifications evidenced by Eliot Spitzer!

I didn't say she deserved it, but the fact is that she has the experience and qualifications to be Senator. Rep. Slaughter could be an interim appointment and then someone else like Cuomo could run in 2010. The Buffalo mayor is also a possiblity.

I agree, Nita Lowey has the requisite qualifications to be Senator from NYS. She's been around a long time and she has sucked up to the right people, i.e, the Clintons.

I also agree with you about Weezy. Old (so she has some chits to cash), long time in grade, in the right party at the moment...what else could possibly be important?

Not having as deep an understanding of Washington "politics as usual" as many here seem to have, I was just curious: is Hillary accepting the position of Sec. of State equivalent to her conceding that she won't run in 2012?

(I know she already said she wouldn't run, but given she's a Clinton, I put no stock in that comment immediately after she bowed out. I'm mostly curious if making her Sec. of State keeps her out in 2012.)

I think it could be ol' Billy Boy.

Hill's gonna be out of the country a lot. Bill needs to occupy himself, or else he's just gonna be chasing more and more tail around NYS in the next four years. :devil:

Man. That would be great!! Senator Bill Clinton from New York. Out!@#$ingstanding!! :unsure:

I think it could be ol' Billy Boy.

Hill's gonna be out of the country a lot. Bill needs to occupy himself, or else he's just gonna be chasing more and more tail around NYS in the next four years. :unsure:

He might just be trashy and attention starved enough to do it too. :devil: