Giant Martian glaciers discovered beneath surface

/dev/null

One idea I've seen to make Mars habitable is to create greenhouse gases on the planet. They could send machines that would do that for them. After enough greenhouse gas is in the atmosphere it would warm the planet up and start melting some of the water.

I'm not sure if melting the water would increase the oxygen levels but I'm sure that's fixable too. It would be far beyond our lifetimes for that to happen even if they started today but it's still really cool to think about.

if the water starts melting, won't it just drip on us? that could cause quite a mess

One idea I've seen to make Mars habitable is to create greenhouse gases on the planet. They could send machines that would do that for them. After enough greenhouse gas is in the atmosphere it would warm the planet up and start melting some of the water.

I'm not sure if melting the water would increase the oxygen levels but I'm sure that's fixable too. It would be far beyond our lifetimes for that to happen even if they started today but it's still really cool to think about.

why don't they just send you up there? you spew enough gas from both ends to handle things.

BTW...what's gravity like on Mars?

BTW...what's gravity like on Mars?

One theory about Mars weak atmosphere is that there isn't enough gravity to sustain an atmosphere

Another theory I just ran across...

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/21nov_plasmoids.htm