HAHAHA!!!

BillsNYC

"Alaska Governor Sarah Palin officially pardoned a turkey for Thanksgiving at a farm in Wasilla, Alaska on Thursday, then conducted a television interview as another bird was clearly seen being slaughtered in the background.

As the former Republican vice presidential nominee spoke with a KTUU-TV reporter about returning to work in Alaska, just a few feet behind her a Triple D Farms worker is seen feeding a turkey into a grinder, periodically turning around to watch the on-going interview.

Palin, who called the pardoning experience "neat" was reportedly told by the station videographer what was going on behind her, but allowed the interview to continue.

Pardoning a turkey is tradition for governors in the days leading up to Thanksgiving, following a White House custom that began in 1947."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...ey-slaughtered/

PETA is going to lose their minds!

Who cares. Only PETA morons and morons like you think it's not a PR stunt.

We have about 50 wild turkeys walking around my neighborhood. They are pretty good sized, as big as any farm grown ones. I have threatened a few with being made into dinner if they jump on and crap on my car as they did to one of the neighbor's cars.

Who cares. Only PETA morons and morons like you think it's not a PR stunt.

We have about 50 wild turkeys walking around my neighborhood. They are pretty good sized, as big as any farm grown ones. I have threatened a few with being made into dinner if they jump on and crap on my car as they did to one of the neighbor's cars.

Just to switch gears for a minute. We have a bunch of these things running around are house as well and Ive always wondered what they would be like to eat. Any good? Or are the kinda gamy??

Just to switch gears for a minute. We have a bunch of these things running around are house as well and Ive always wondered what they would be like to eat. Any good? Or are the kinda gamy??

They're good. Much more taste than what you get in the grocers freezer.

That was seriously funny...

Anyway, its not that people don't know how turkeys get to their tables, and they certainly don't think that somehow the Gov. was going to stop all turkeys from being killed. But, when the whole thing is done as a photo op in the spirit of the holiday and "saving" some bird from slaughter I don't see how her staff lets her give an extended interview while a guy in bloody pants kills and bleeds out turkeys behind her - that's just incredibly dumb. Come on - who doesn't see the ironic humor of that?

They're good. Much more taste than what you get in the grocers freezer.

Damn. Gonna have to get me armed with something. Too late for this years Thanksgiving though. Wife already ordered the turkey. Who am I kidding, not like id be able to clean clean the thing for cooking or anything.

what does this have to do with Palin again? WTF do you think happens on a turkey farm?

WOW, JUST WOW!!! :thumbsup:

You right wingers are awesome at comic relief!

And it wasn't just the moron in the background, it was Palin arguing we need to get government "off our back" simply because they can't milk more money off the oil companies. :wallbash:

Damn. Gonna have to get me armed with something. Too late for this years Thanksgiving though. Wife already ordered the turkey. Who am I kidding, not like id be able to clean clean the thing for cooking or anything.

Do some searching. You can buy wild turkey (not that wild turkey).

Here you go:

http://www.venisonamerica.com/products/turkey.html

Lack of foresight? Once again, turkey's get slaughtered at turkey farms. What should they say now.

"As God as our witness, we thought turkeys survive."

Thanks for the insight. I thought turkey came from tofu.

My point was that her "people" should have been aware that in spite of reality, they should have aware of its possible impact and worked the shot to make sure that it doesn't become fodder for message boards.