I give you the 2009 Buffalo Bills head coach...

1billsfan

Check out this guy...

http://goallinefootball.com/newsblog/the-morris-touch/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8781730...hes-flourishing

Plus, we already have in place the defensive scheme that he is currently coaching in! Raheem Morris, spread the word, let's show our emotionless loser of a coach the door and get someone in here that has passion for this game!

No thanks. Tampa 2 style defense is crap. I want the bills to install a 3-4 base defense. Plus, I'm tired of the bills getting these guys with no head coaching experience. Wilson needs to suck it up and start paying for coaching talent!

It's a pipe dream. You know it and I know it. Ralph is NOT going to pay for established and previously successful NFL coaching talent. That's why he was happy with the cheap retread we have now.

The Bills are going to have to hire a hidden gem like this guy. I love what I read and hope that the Bills dump Jauron and give Morris an interview this offseason.

No thanks. Tampa 2 style defense is crap. I want the bills to install a 3-4 base defense. Plus, I'm tired of the bills getting these guys with no head coaching experience. Wilson needs to suck it up and start paying for coaching talent!

Jauron had no head coaching experience eh? I guess Chicago and Detroit don't count?

We can argue about 3-4, 4-3, and cover-2 all day, the point is to have a coach who is successful in whatever system they choose to run and who runs the system that best suits their players. Minnesota runs a great Cover-2. So did the Bears in their Super Bowl season and of course, the Bucs themselves. Of course, so do the Lions and the Bills.

Meanwhile, the Titans have a ferocious 4-3, and Haslett has a terrible one in St. Louis. The Steelers run a top notch 3-4, and the Browns used it to blow three straight leads before they were bailed out by some combination of Jauron, Edwards, and Lindell.

Get a better coach, get a better defensive coordinator, and get better defenders. Bouncing around between systems only requires you to spend more effort bringing in new system guys.

So we need a new coach, NT, LDE, RDE and a Sam backer... maybe just start with the coach.

Jim Schwartz, Tennessee's D-Coach, for next Head Coach of the Bills in '09 :lol:

Do we really want a guy who's already the subject of a "fire so and so" .com page? ;)

http://www.fireschwartz.com/

There's a lot to read there, but the gist is that Schwart's defenses sucked and were ranked very low without Haynesworth and that he had a tendency to play a non-attacking non-aggressive style. Do we really want the bad mojo of picking another Titans DC as our next head coach? Finally, he's been there for eight years and has yet to get a sniff for a head coaching job, what does that tell you? I'm thinking we take a pass on that guy.

Ronde Barber has been around the best coaches this NFL has had to offer and his glowing endorsement is all that you need to know that Morris is going to be a good one.

no way, we need a proven winner..

Answer us this, exactly WHO is that proven winner that's coming to Buffalo for peanuts????

To your point...the Redskins, Dolphins, Falcons, Ravens, Cardinals, Steelers and Jets called to tell you that you don't have to hire a proven coach to win. You only need to hire a good coach.

Weren't mularkey and williams hidden gems, endorsed by players, etc.? That has been the problem, the Bills (with the exeption of gutless jauron) target positional coaches who have no head coaching experience. Jauron may have been a head coach but he stunk and levy missed the ball in hiring such a bum. Maybe levy was part of that yale "thing", who knows? It takes more than being a great coach to manage a nfl team. Yes, maybe its a pipe dream that a proven winner will get hired, hence the only way the bills will probably be successful again if the team is sold or wilson has a sort of rebirth at his old age.

Weren't mularkey and williams hidden gems, endorsed by players, etc.? That has been the problem, the Bills (with the exeption of gutless jauron) target positional coaches who have no head coaching experience. Jauron may have been a head coach but he stunk and levy missed the ball in hiring such a bum. Maybe levy was part of that yale "thing", who knows? It takes more than being a great coach to manage a nfl team. Yes, maybe its a pipe dream that a proven winner will get hired, hence the only way the bills will probably be successful again if the team is sold or wilson has a sort of rebirth at his old age.

The problem was the Bills hired guys who had really big heads just like the GM that hired them, Tom Donahoe. They needed to hire football coaches, not primadonnas.

The Bills should look for coaches like the ones that the Redskins, Dolphins, Falcons, Ravens, Cardinals, Steelers and Jets hired and are having great successes with. Guys who don't care about the limelight, just winning football games.

A proven winner is NOT coming to Buffalo, ever. Fans here need to realize and accept this. The Bills WILL have to find a hidden gem and Morris looks like someone who could be a great fit for this young team.

Would you have taken Mike Tomlin 2 years ago?

Jim Schwartz, Tennessee's D-Coach, for next Head Coach of the Bills in '09 :thumbsup:

No thanks. I've had my fill of DCs from a league leading defense in Tennesse.

Now, if his defensive players come with him, by all means, sign the guy.

GO BILLS!!!

anything is an improvement.

I am big on LSU's Les Miles. He is a fire up guy who gets his kids to play lights out. He also has a pair of Steel ones. He goes for it on 4th down, and makes it, just like all the good teams do. We could employ our current system and retain our coordinaters too if we wanted, I would leave it up to him. I would hate to change systems and take the 3 years to do it, but the 3-4 is where its at.

SIDE NOTE: Pat Wlliams does not "fit our system" yet he fits pretty well in Minnesotas cover two???