Its a good thing

Its a really good thing this board wasn't around in 1986 - 1995 when The Bills, led by Jim Kelly and Marv Levy were on the sidelines, I can only imagine the bashing they would have received. People tend to forget rather quickly that it took Jim Kelly 3 full years to become an elite quarterback, and after his 4th year he looked like he was turning the corner, the team was dubbed the bickering Bills and went 9-7. Jim Jelly's stats in his first 3 seasons with the Bills were pedestrian at best. "Put in Frank Reich" would have been plastered all over this place.

Then after losing our 2nd straight superbowl, the media alone said we were out-coached, God only knows the indignities this team would have endured here. "Fire Marv!!" threads a plenty I'm sure.

Lastly GOD forbid ESPN should have ranked us poorly in their power rankings and Chris Mortenson doesn't like us - Oh Booo fricken Hoooo. I personally like it when they don't like the Bills, I could care less, really.

Come on people, there's good topics and bad topics on here, but to speculate that Trent was the next Jim Kelly after the first 4 weeks is as silly as saying he's washed up after the last 4 games. He's still a young QB with a great amount of talent, and STILL hasn't completed 1 full season yet.

I would love too see us here cut him some slack, It's taking Jay Cutler some time to develop, and it took that Brett Farve guy several years to get his sh-- together.

No doubt he stunk it up Monday night, but I'm sure he's smart enough to overcome a bad game.

Side note - this is more about the trent threads than the Jauron ones, I'm not so sure after 3 full seasons he is the guy.

That's my take.

Nice post, but the difference in Kelly & Edwards, Kelly had solid coaches that went places with the team. Edward dont have that. No way Jauron is in the same class as Marv Levy. Coaching has killed Edwards just like it did with Losman!

That is the single handed best post on here yet, I couldn't agree more. :ph34r:

I was pulling for Mike Sherman as the head coach 3 years ago.... IIRC Sherman wanted to draft Losman...

Come on people, there's good topics and bad topics on here, but to speculate that Trent was the next Jim Kelly after the first 4 weeks is as silly as saying he's washed up after the last 4 games. He's still a young QB with a great amount of talent, and STILL hasn't completed 1 full season yet.

I would love too see us here cut him some slack, It's taking Jay Cutler some time to develop, and it took that Brett Farve guy several years to get his sh-- together.

No doubt he stunk it up Monday night, but I'm sure he's smart enough to overcome a bad game.

Side note - this is more about the trent threads than the Jauron ones, I'm not so sure after 3 full seasons he is the guy.

That's my take.

Trent was on the roster and practiced and studied game film and learned the system etc last year. He's gone through 2 off season programs and training camps. He started 9 games last year and 10 games this year. 9 + 10 = 19. After Sunday, provided he does start, that'll be a season and a quarter of starting time.

I understand he's young and needs time etc., but he's far from a rookie at this point. He can't carry Cutler's jock strap. Since the SD game he's gotten worse and worse. I shudder to think what we might be in store for on Sunday.

Three years ago I was hoping for the same guy I am now: Marty Schottenhiemer. We've got the talent to be a winning, if not playoff team right now.