Decipher please.

From the Dick's mouth:

"There’s probably a lot of ways you could go with it, but I think clearly, statistically, you’d say that he’s not playing as well the last four games than he was earlier in the year, so I don’t know if there is any more to be said than that, though, I know that he’s four weeks more experienced, I know that he’s four weeks smarter because I see him study. He’s studying all of the time. So regression in that area, I would say no, I would say he’s gone forward. So you see what I’m saying? You can take it either way. The bottom line is we’re just not playing well enough to win and he’s one of the guys. He’s one of those guys out there so he’s part of it. So whatever all of that means, there it is. I don’t see him in a slide backwards, if that’s what you mean. But clearly, performance-wise, it hasn’t been there."

Atta boy Dick.

Atta boy.

From the Dick's mouth:

"There’s probably a lot of ways you could go with it, but I think clearly, statistically, you’d say that he’s not playing as well the last four games than he was earlier in the year, so I don’t know if there is any more to be said than that, though, I know that he’s four weeks more experienced, I know that he’s four weeks smarter because I see him study. He’s studying all of the time. So regression in that area, I would say no, I would say he’s gone forward. So you see what I’m saying? You can take it either way. The bottom line is we’re just not playing well enough to win and he’s one of the guys. He’s one of those guys out there so he’s part of it. So whatever all of that means, there it is. I don’t see him in a slide backwards, if that’s what you mean. But clearly, performance-wise, it hasn’t been there."

Atta boy Dick.

Atta boy.

Interpretation:

Don't blame Trent, it's not his fault we can't afford turnovers when you play not to lose.

The funny thing is that I'm serious. That is the correct interpretation. Other people will crack jokes about what he meant by that, but honestly, seeing through that bullsh!t that is what I, and everyone else should take from that.

It's not really a new issue though that in conferences with the media Dick avoids all logic when arriving at his answers. He used typical ivy league jargon to awe the journalists with a long answer to satisfy them with quotable analysis, but in the end all that crap that he said was the typical "no comment" response. Think about it. Of course he wont blame Trent. Likewise he wont blame himself. Even further beyond that, he wont blame anyone, do anything, or pretend like going from 5-1 to 5-5 is a bad thing.

What do you want from Jauron? He proved to us last game that he isn't who we thought he was. I'm sorry I used to defend him, and I was previously blind when it came to seeing his lack of ability. I truly apologize.

Hes trying to justify to himself , by looking at TE's way of prepareing, that TE is not haveing a slump...basicaly hes saying "holy shitt this guy is !@#$ing us on the field, but...he is preparing well for games tho..so maybe I'll let him slide"

Hes trying to justify to himself , by looking at TE's way off prepareing, that TE is not haveing a slump...basicaly hes saying "holy shitt this guy is !@#$ing us on the field, but...he is preparing well for games tho..so maybe I'll let him slide"

I strongly disagree. I don't think that DJ thinks Trent is really failing on the field. I think he's ignoring that as a possible issue because he is "the guy". I think in saying that he isn't in a slump he's telling us that he's not sucking on the field.

Also, I think the first thing you need to do when interpreting Dick is try to avoid using the obvious. Trent sucking, is one of those things. DJ is ignoring that because he's been trained to over think issues. He's like me as a test taker. I think he sees there is an obvious solution to the problem, but then he over-analysis the question and arrives at the wrong conclusion. For instance, he sees that Trent is playing bad, but ignores that it means Trent himself is bad.

Interpretation:

Don't blame Trent, it's not his fault we can't afford turnovers when you play not to lose.

The funny thing is that I'm serious. That is the correct interpretation. Other people will crack jokes about what he meant by that, but honestly, seeing through that bullsh!t that is what I, and everyone else should take from that.

It's not really a new issue though that in conferences with the media Dick avoids all logic when arriving at his answers. He used typical ivy league jargon to awe the journalists with a long answer to satisfy them with quotable analysis, but in the end all that crap that he said was the typical "no comment" response. Think about it. Of course he wont blame Trent. Likewise he wont blame himself. Even further beyond that, he wont blame anyone, do anything, or pretend like going from 5-1 to 5-5 is a bad thing.

What do you want from Jauron? He proved to us last game that he isn't who we thought he was. I'm sorry I used to defend him, and I was previously blind when it came to seeing his lack of ability. I truly apologize.

Murra, you've seen the light. I listended to Jeff Fisher this morning on Colin Cowherd's show. What a stand up guy, who despite that 10-0 record, admitted the team played poorly in the first half against Chicago.

Obviously, it's easier to admit something's wrong when the overall record is 10-0, but Fisher tells it like it is, and I think that's all you and I are asking for DJ. I'm not asking for him to throw his players or coaches under the bus, but admit that they've been bad and that they know they must win every week to see the post-season.

I strongly disagree. I don't think that DJ thinks Trent is really failing on the field. I think he's ignoring that as a possible issue because he is "the guy". I think in saying that he isn't in a slump he's telling us that he's not sucking on the field.

Also, I think the first thing you need to do when interpreting Dick is try to avoid using the obvious. Trent sucking, is one of those things. DJ is ignoring that because he's been trained to over think issues. He's like me as a test taker. I think he sees there is an obvious solution to the problem, but then he over-analysis the question and arrives at the wrong conclusion. For instance, he sees that Trent is playing bad, but ignores that it means Trent himself is bad.

I think the Dick is just losing his mind.

Remember,

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh$t.

Murra, you've seen the light. I listended to Jeff Fisher this morning on Colin Cowherd's show. What a stand up guy, who despite that 10-0 record, admitted the team played poorly in the first half against Chicago.

Obviously, it's easier to admit something's wrong when the overall record is 10-0, but Fisher tells it like it is, and I think that's all you and I are asking for DJ. I'm not asking for him to throw his players or coaches under the bus, but admit that they've been bad and that they know they must win every week to see the post-season.

Take back that time when you say that my contribution value was "nothing"?

he said: "trent's playing real bad but i have no option b"

No he didn't. And that's not true. What a blatantly annoying and ignorant thing to say. Trying to bring in and bash JP when clearly Edwards is no better? Did you think that was a healthy contribution to this thread?

No he didn't. And that's not true. What a blatantly annoying and ignorant thing to say. Trying to bring in and bash JP when clearly Edwards is no better? Did you think that was a healthy contribution to this thread?

i was bashing hamdan... who's jp?? :ph34r:

Interpretation:

Have you ever seen a coach come out and single out 1 guy and blame him for a loss (s)? Has a McCarthy ever stood on the podium and went "Yeah we had that game till Favre through that pick six."

Of course he is vague and bland in his assessment.

Actually, I think he is being very prudent here. He is actually doing a very good job of handling this situation given that Trent is certainly struggling -- and given that he really does NOT have another viable option. But you know what? It is probably BETTER that he doesn't have another option at this point. We have not been able to groom a quality young QB, since Jim Kelly. Some of the failed young QBs probably just sucked -- but some of them may have just been completely mishandled. I will always wonder what would have become of JP if Mularkey hadn't so mishandled him back in 2005. I applaud Jauron for riding through this current tumultuous wave with Edwards. Regardless of what happens, barring injury, Trent needs to be on the field. If Jauron is right and he learns from the struggles, then it will only help him going forward. If he doesn't snap out of this funk for these last 6 games, then we know that it may be time to look elsewhere for our QB of the future.

I really wish that Jauron and Turk would have dialed up a creative pass play on that last series rather than just settling for the FG. A game winning TD pass would have done wonders for the young QB's battered ego. In the long run, perhaps the best thing for this team was that Lindell missed that kick.

From the Dick's mouth:

Atta boy Dick.

Atta boy.

Clearly preparing for a career in politics.

Have you ever seen a coach come out and single out 1 guy and blame him for a loss (s)? Has a McCarthy ever stood on the podium and went "Yeah we had that game till Favre through that pick six."

Of course he is vague and bland in his assessment.

Fantastic defense, sir. Not only is McCarthy not Brett Favre's coach, but you were actually able to get me to become a lifelong supporter of DJ. I just realized my errors. What was I thinking? OF COURSE he is bland. Duh, I'm an idiot after all.

I'm sure Jeff Fisher likes being 10-0, but did he say he'd take 5- 1 2 3 4 5?