Saw Yes last nite.....

The Poojer

a sold out crowd of about 1500 people were treated to a spectacular show. Despite not having Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman. Chris Squire, Alan White, Steve Howe, Benoit David and Oliver Wakeman rocked the place for 3 hours. I tried really hard to find issues with Benoit David singing in place of Jon Anderson....I couldnt find anything to complain about. Seeing Oliver Wakeman in place of his Dad was not a disappointment either....Chris Squire looked like he was having an absolute ball on stage. Steve Howe looks like he may have died a few years ago, but crap, can he play. Alan White held the band together with his drumming, I tried to keep track of the songs last nite and in doing a search of past set lists on the tour, this is what i came up with. Probably my only 'complaint' would be the inclusion of "owner of a lonely heart". Keeping it all pre-80's would have been awesome....I question the inclusion of Heart of the Sunrise as I do not think they played a song between "Good People" and "Tempest", but I was drinking.....and Steve Howes solo's...one was "Mood for a Day" not sure about the second one, it wasnt "The Clap". If they come around....don't be afraid....go see them, they are in small settings and it is a delightful way to spend 3 hours ;)

Firebird Suite

Siberian Khatru

I've Seen All Good People

[Heart of the Sunrise] don't think there was anything inbetween these 2, but have been on other set lists

Tempest Fugit

Onward

Astral Traveller

Close to the Edge

intermission

Parallels

And You and I

Steve Howe(2 songs -)

Long Distance Runaround

The Fish

Aliens are Only Us From the Future(New Song by Chris Squire)

Machine Messiah

Soon

Starship Trooper

Encores

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Roundabout

it was truly awesome, like i said my only complaint was "owner" and that is only because without it the whole set would have been pre-1980

Awesome set . . . Machine Messiah AND Tempus Fugit?? Wow, they usually don't play anything from Drama, except for a bit of Tempus in Squire's bass solo.

it was truly awesome, like i said my only complaint was "owner" and that is only because without it the whole set would have been pre-1980

Pooj i went back and forth on going to see them. Read about the kid playing for the old man and Anderson not singing and finally decided to bag it. Now you make me regret that decision :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed :wallbash: