Pre-determined schedule BS

ieatcrayonz

I was on here one time and openly hoped we'd get an easy schedule. I wished for a game against the Lions for example. Well a bunch of people jumped down my throat about how the schedule is set automatically and there is very little flexibility and you can tell me who the Bills will play in 2012 and blah blah blah.

Well this is BS. If it wasn't, there is no way the Lions and Cowboys would avoid meeting on Thanksgiving every year. I realize it wouldn't happen much, but if the schedule was really pre-determined it would happen sometimes. The last I check, each of those teams plays at home every Thanksgiving. So much for computer generated, pre determined schedules. If it really is true though, then the Lions and Cowboys will meet up on Thanksgiving one of these years. If they do, I hope the Bills get to fill the void by hosting a game. That would be cool.

I was on here one time and openly hoped we'd get an easy schedule. I wished for a game against the Lions for example. Well a bunch of people jumped down my throat about how the schedule is set automatically and there is very little flexibility and you can tell me who the Bills will play in 2012 and blah blah blah.

Well this is BS. If it wasn't, there is no way the Lions and Cowboys would avoid meeting on Thanksgiving every year. I realize it wouldn't happen much, but if the schedule was really pre-determined it would happen sometimes. The last I check, each of those teams plays at home every Thanksgiving. So much for computer generated, pre determined schedules. If it really is true though, then the Lions and Cowboys will meet up on Thanksgiving one of these years. If they do, I hope the Bills get to fill the void by hosting a game. That would be cool.

You must be really bored this afternoon. I am sure you will get a couple of morons to argue with you on this topic but this was not one of your better attempts to reel the suckers in.

I can't tell if you're joking?

Anyways, I think by predetermined, they mean that 6 games each year are against your division. Your division then plays another division in the NFC, another 4 games. After that your division plays another division in the AFC, another 4 games.

After that you have 14 pre-determined games. I think the next two games are done to stir up rivalries or rematches.

This season, we play our division twice (like always), then the AFC West, the NFC West, and a rematch against the Browns, and a rematch against the Jaguars.

Anyways, I think by predetermined, they mean that 6 games each year are against your division. Your division then plays another division in the NFC, another 4 games. After that your division plays another division in the AFC, another 4 games.

After that you have 14 pre-determined games. I think the next two games are done to stir up rivalries or rematches.

This season, we play our division twice (like always), then the AFC West, the NFC West, and a rematch against the Browns, and a rematch against the Jaguars.

All of that math NEVER has the Cowboys and Lions play on Thanksgiving?

There are 17 weeks every year. The two teams play each other at least once every three years if you believe that theory. 3 years times 17 games per year equals once every 51 years on average they would play on Thanksgiving, but they never have?

Sorry but I am not buying it.

The other two games are the strength of schedule games. They are against the teams in the two divisions in your conference who finished in the same position the prior season. Last season we were second in the AFC East. This season we play the entire AFC West, the browns, who were second in the AFC North and the Jaguars, who were second in the AFC South.

All of that math NEVER has the Cowboys and Lions play on Thanksgiving?

There are 17 weeks every year. The two teams play each other at least once every three years if you believe that theory. 3 years times 17 games per year equals once every 51 years on average they would play on Thanksgiving, but they never have?

Sorry but I am not buying it.

Because, like the other guy said, you're trying to sucker me into arguing with you about something you don't believe in yourself, I'm not going any further.

Due to the anonymity on a message board, your abnormal stances on the topics you bring up leads me to believe you have a saddening fixation with being the only one in on the joke. That's probably one of the signs of a serial killer or something likewise extreme, and while initially funny, you've been creeping me out recently. Can you just spill the beans here as to why you take pride in such bizarre topics, and try to be ridiculous as oppose to being normal?

The other two games are the strength of schedule games. They are against the teams in the two divisions in your conference who finished in the same position the prior season. Last season we were second in the AFC East. This season we play the entire AFC West, the browns, who were second in the AFC North and the Jaguars, who were second in the AFC South.

I'm glad you told me that, I never knew what those other two games where about. Thank you.

Agreed. If the schedule is really computer generated like these people claim, then maybe it'll happen.

The schedule is computer generated, but certain limitations are placed on the automated program, one being that on Thanksgiving the Cowgirls and Kittens both have to play at home.

So there is a chance that the Lions would play the Cowboys more often than once every three years?

2/3rds of the years they don't play the whole division * 25% of the time they finish in the same position in the standing the previous year. 2/3*.25=.167 which we'll call 17% which added to the other 33% = 50%.

So 50% * 17 weeks equals once of every 34 years they SHOULD play on Thanksgiving. They never have. The math says the set schedule ain't real.

The schedule is computer generated, but certain limitations are placed on the automated program, one being that on Thanksgiving the Cowgirls and Kittens both have to play at home.

B-):thumbsup::wallbash:

This is too funny. Now there are new BS rules on top of the other BS rules? This is like in Stripes when John Candy keeps getting that guy to make his bed based on what country they're in.

So there is a chance that the Lions would play the Cowboys more often than once every three years?

2/3rds of the years they don't play the whole division * 25% of the time they finish in the same position in the standing the previous year. 2/3*.25=.167 which we'll call 17% which added to the other 33% = 50%.

So 50% * 17 weeks equals once of every 34 years they SHOULD play on Thanksgiving. They never have. The math says the set schedule ain't real.

You're ignoring my previous post imploring you to spill the beans. Once you do that, I'll bite and give you the logical answer you want someone to state as to why two teams host on thanksgiving day, but never play each other.

Because, like the other guy said, you're trying to sucker me into arguing with you about something you don't believe in yourself, I'm not going any further.

Due to the anonymity on a message board, your abnormal stances on the topics you bring up leads me to believe you have a saddening fixation with being the only one in on the joke. That's probably one of the signs of a serial killer or something likewise extreme, and while initially funny, you've been creeping me out recently. Can you just spill the beans here as to why you take pride in such bizarre topics, and try to be ridiculous as oppose to being normal?

Holy Crap.

Because the Lions never play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, I'm a serial killer? That's even better than the dude who solved the S. Taylor murder in 6 minutes. You just made my sig line.

Holy Crap.

Because the Lions never play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, I'm a serial killer? That's even better than the dude who solved the S. Taylor murder in 6 minutes. You just made my sig line.

Quoting me out of context to further your jokes is not the answer I was looking for. Why are you so reluctant on explaining your chaos?

Quoting me out of context to further your jokes is not the answer I was looking for. Why are you so reluctant on explaining your chaos?

Holy crap dude now you're starting to creep me out. There are people on this board who actually claim Trent Edwards is a good quarterback and you call me weird for mathematically proving some people's BS is wrong???????

Holy crap dude now you're starting to creep me out. There are people on this board who actually claim Trent Edwards is a good quarterback and you call me weird for mathematically proving some people's BS is wrong???????

Stop. You're continuing the joke, and you're again not humoring anyone but yourself. I'm done playing psychiatrist, but I just want you to know that it's just not normal the way you interract with people on these boards. It might not be creepy, but it certainly is annoying.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm

There is a formula that determines every team's opponents based in part on rotation and in part on the previous season's standings. That's locked in, and can't be changed. The instant the regular season is over, you can determine exactly what home and road opponents each team will have the following season.

Sometime between then and the start of the next season, the league determines the schedule for each team, and teams have some input into this process, in large part to avoid scheduling conflicts. For example, the Bills never play at home the weekend they have the high school championship games at the Ralph.