Red Ring of Death

The Tomcat

So I come home from the game on Tuesday only for my kids to tell me there's something wrong the 360.

3 red lights...the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

I've viewed a few videos on youtube how to fix the problem.

Has anyone had the problem and fixed it themselves????

Any help is appreciated.

Yep. I got one from my cousin. I've never had the chance to even play it. I hooked it up one day, and got the 3 rings. I haven't seen any Youtube videos, but from what I've read 'bout it, it's bad, but not as end of the world bad as the RRD was for the original Xbox.

So I come home from the game on Tuesday only for my kids to tell me there's something wrong the 360.

3 red lights...the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

I've viewed a few videos on youtube how to fix the problem.

Has anyone had the problem and fixed it themselves????

Any help is appreciated.

Nothing you can do really except call X-box and B word at them untill they agree to fix it......they will usually do it for free if you give them enough sh*t (or if its still under their BS warranty). But its nicknamed "ring of death" for a reason. Funny story....my X-box 360 did the same thing so I sent it in....in the meantime I went to Walmart and bought another one with the intention of returning it when I got mine back (I know its kind of shady, but its Wal-Mart...screw Wal-Mart). In the 3 weeks I had my "loaner" X-box, it also came down with the ring of death. I promptly returned it to Wal-Mart. X-box 360's are pieces of sh*t. They are totally hit or miss, I had one that had to be sent in 3 or 4 times...so did my buddy. My latest has gone over 2 years with no issue, I think its a later model though with a lot of the bugs worked out.

Is it under warrenty still? Don't try anything or else you'll void it. Those are only short term tricks anyway, your unit is toast.

My son encountered the same problem, XBOX sent him a prepaid mailing box to return for repairs. XBOX repaired it, except, he was red ringed for a second time.

I've never experienced the red ring of death (knock knock) but i hear bad things. A few of my friends have gotten it but all of them have gotten xbox to fix it for them with a little arguing. I have one of those cooling fans on the back of my xbox, it's loud but i hear it helps to prevent overheating and the dreaded red ring of death. I don't know if it's true but mine seems to work well.

My son encountered the same problem, XBOX sent him a prepaid mailing box to return for repairs.

Same...they replaced it with a brand new one and gave us a one month gold membership for our troubles...that was back in June or July, it was less than a year old...haven't had any problems since. Oh, and this one does not sound like a jet engine, nice and quiet.

You can still get them to send the box - they just did for me about a month ago.

Thanks for you advice...I bought one from Sams 2 years ago and it Chit the bed 3 months later. I took it back to Sams and they gave me another one. Haven't had any problems until now. Oh the humanity!!!!