Jauron is a TOOL.......

marauderswr80

I'd have more respect for him (I have none now), if he was just honest and said "well the reason we ran the ball into the lines 3 times rather than try and move into better position for a field goal by throwing downfield, is because I have absolutely no faith in Trent Edwards as my QB"

In which case then Trent Edwards shouldn't be your starting QB. I'm sorry but when your entire offence consists of handing off or dump passes to the running backs, you aren't gonna win any games that way. Why have a Lee Evans in your line-up if you don't plan to throw to him?

and without his ONLY winning season of his career, that lucky 13-3 season where they crashed out of the playoffs he is 39-64

Why would you take out his winning season? Doesn't it count? That's like saying the Bills are 0-5 if you take away the wins, or that Lynch had 22 carries for 92 yards if you take away the 28 yard run. Geez.

Why would you take out his winning season? Doesn't it count? That's like saying the Bills are 0-5 if you take away the wins, or that Lynch had 22 carries for 92 yards if you take away the 28 yard run. Geez.

The 13-3 season is what those of that work with numbers refer to as an outlier. Sure, with only a few seasons, you cannot toss out a 13-3 season. But when the seasons pile on, and you consistently see win numbers between 5-8, you begin to realize that the 13 is nothing more than a bad measurement, a statistical outlier, and has no real relevance to judging jauron's ability to win.

Statistically speaking, given Jauron's coaching record (and i eliminated the 5 game interim in detroit and did not count this season), Dick Jauron averages 7 wins per season, with a standard deviation of 2.88 wins. That means that his 13 win season is 2 standard deviations away from the average. Mathematically speaking, Dick Jauron's 13 win season represents a data point that represents less than 5% of the population (in this case, the number of Jauron's wins in any given season he will coach)

The 13-3 season is what those of that work with numbers refer to as an outlier. Sure, with only a few seasons, you cannot toss out a 13-3 season. But when the seasons pile on, and you consistently see win numbers between 5-8, you begin to realize that the 13 is nothing more than a bad measurement, a statistical outlier, and has no real relevance to judging jauron's ability to win.

Statistically speaking, given Jauron's coaching record (and i eliminated the 5 game interim in detroit and did not count this season), Dick Jauron averages 7 wins per season, with a standard deviation of 2.88 wins. That means that his 13 win season is 2 standard deviations away from the average. Mathematically speaking, Dick Jauron's 13 win season represents a data point that represents less than 5% of the population (in this case, the number of Jauron's wins in any given season he will coach)

The guy who steals homeless people's clothes and coaches the Pats* had one winning season out of his first 6.