While successes are generally a team effort

Like A Mofo

Blame Lindell, Trent Edwards, Robert Royal, Dick Jauron, Ralph Wilson...take your pick...the saddest part is that you are all PARTLY correct.

When teams like New England win Super Bowls, or whomever, everyone talks about the TEAM...and the same applies with the Buffalo Bills. Here is my short checklist as to why the Bills are a 5-5 team and unfortunately well on course to miss the playoffs again:

1. Front Office: It starts with the philosophy. Look at Pittsburgh, they rarely deviate from their plan and why should they? Buffalo seems to be a team that has a little of everything but not enough of one thing to be really good: Good speedy receivers, but no size...horrible TE play from an offensive perspective...reshuffling California QB's who are probably not suited for playing in WNY...Tom Modrak and Co need to be scrutinized as much as Jauron does. What kind of team does Buffalo want to be? A pound the ball team with Marshawn, or a finesse team with quick rhythm passing with Edwards? Call me when you figure it out, because I sure as hell cannot...

2. Head Coach/ Coaching Staff: When a team is put together like this, it really makes you see the flaws in the coach. Playing 'not to lose' works best when you are a strong defensive team, physical, with a strong running game. When you rely on a 2nd year QB with below average WR's and the worst TE corps in the NFL...not so much. Jauron also needs to understand how to manage the clock better: Who would have though Jauron would have made Romeo look GOOD in that department?? :thumbsup:

3. Confidence in the QB: Edwards to me seemed tentative after throwing those 3 INT's (1 was not really his fault however)...and yes, Trent is still in his 2nd year...BUT...either him, someone on the coaching staff, or one of his players on the offense has to tell him..TRUST the system...and TRUST his ability to make a throw. Honestly, if Jauron put in Losman last night...I really think the Bills would have won..Trent was THAT bad last night....but...JP could have scrapped out a W and the Bills could have gone right back to Trent...that is what teamwork is.

So in closing, I want to say IMO it is completely foolish to just look at one person and say 'you are the problem' The problems start right at the top and go all the way down, done as a team.

Blame Lindell, Trent Edwards, Robert Royal, Dick Jauron, Ralph Wilson...take your pick...the saddest part is that you are all PARTLY correct.

When teams like New England win Super Bowls, or whomever, everyone talks about the TEAM...and the same applies with the Buffalo Bills. Here is my short checklist as to why the Bills are a 5-5 team and unfortunately well on course to miss the playoffs again:

1. Front Office: It starts with the philosophy. Look at Pittsburgh, they rarely deviate from their plan and why should they? Buffalo seems to be a team that has a little of everything but not enough of one thing to be really good: Good speedy receivers, but no size...horrible TE play from an offensive perspective...reshuffling California QB's who are probably not suited for playing in WNY...Tom Modrak and Co need to be scrutinized as much as Jauron does. What kind of team does Buffalo want to be? A pound the ball team with Marshawn, or a finesse team with quick rhythm passing with Edwards? Call me when you figure it out, because I sure as hell cannot...

2. Head Coach/ Coaching Staff: When a team is put together like this, it really makes you see the flaws in the coach. Playing 'not to lose' works best when you are a strong defensive team, physical, with a strong running game. When you rely on a 2nd year QB with below average WR's and the worst TE corps in the NFL...not so much. Jauron also needs to understand how to manage the clock better: Who would have though Jauron would have made Romeo look GOOD in that department?? :thumbsup:

3. Confidence in the QB: Edwards to me seemed tentative after throwing those 3 INT's (1 was not really his fault however)...and yes, Trent is still in his 2nd year...BUT...either him, someone on the coaching staff, or one of his players on the offense has to tell him..TRUST the system...and TRUST his ability to make a throw. Honestly, if Jauron put in Losman last night...I really think the Bills would have won..Trent was THAT bad last night....but...JP could have scrapped out a W and the Bills could have gone right back to Trent...that is what teamwork is.

So in closing, I want to say IMO it is completely foolish to just look at one person and say 'you are the problem' The problems start right at the top and go all the way down, done as a team.

YES the number one problem is Ralph Wilson- not much we can do until he dies or sells and he wont sell before he dies.

YES the number one problem is Ralph Wilson- not much we can do until he dies or sells and he wont sell before he dies.

Well I don't look at it that harshly...I mean I still believe Ralph has done a lot more good then bad for Bills fans and the community...but the philosophy needs to change..and build the damn team according to the climate we play in!

Excellent post. And your avatar fills me with hot Mexican rage....