My take on the game...

Well Bills fans, here we go again. I'd like to say it's all going to be OK, that the ship can be righted, that we have the pieces in place to move forward and succeed, but I can not, in good faith, tell you that my friends. I know not all is lost, but last night was a disappointment of the highest degree. It was unacceptable and the kind of thing that ruins WNYorkers lives. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Lindell Norwooded that kick three feet to the right.

My thoughts after watching that uniquely Buffalonian tragedy unfold:

1) Trent Edwards turned in, what I would consider, one of the worst five QBing performances I have EVER seen. The stat line was deceptively friendly looking when compared to what unfolded right in front of all our eyes. The stat line would have been much worse had Marshawn not bailed his ass out on all of those ridiculous checkdowns. Honestly, have you ever seen a QB check down to the RB like that... ever. It was disgusting to watch. The guy had receivers running wild all game long and didn't trust his arm or decision making to pull the trigger. I liked the progression Trent was making earlier this year, but after this last stretch, I'm not sure he can bounce back. Bare with me: It's not that he's had bad games these last five. It's the way he's looked. On national TV last night he played as scared as any QB has played before. He was scared of his shadow. It was pathetic. I feel bad for him because the whole country just watched him drop back, go fetile, sob and suck his thumb for three and a half hours last night. The guy historically throws too many picks; the guy is historically injury prone; the guy historically does not win football games. The scariest thing of all is the number of picks he throws without ever really committing to throwing the ball down field. Eesh.

2) The O-Line sacked up and played like men last night. Peters looked All-Pro. They opened holes, and guess what, Marshawn exploded through them.

3) Onto Marshawn. What a performance! It was so refreshing to see him put the team on his back and drag them up and down the field with a huge smile on his face. It feels good to have a back who plays that physical, that smash-mouth, and can laugh and smile the entire game because that is the brand of football he loves. He relishes in fighting for the tough yards.

4) McKelvin. Get the F off the kids back. That was as dominant of a KR performance as you will ever see. Not only did he almost take all three kicks he fielded back to the house, but he gave us the ball at the 40 all night because the Browns were so terrified of him. He also turned in a pretty damn good performance at CB. If he would have come up with that pick, I think he would have become my favorite Bill by default. Way to go kid.

5) Steve Johnson -- eventual steal of the draft? After the drop, he looked as good as you can with a quarterback who has fetalized as Trent had. I still scratch my head when I think of him falling to round seven. He's got good size, decent speed and very reliable hands, if you look at what he did in college. He made some HUGE catches at Kentucky -- game winners -- against the best defensive talent in the country. I like a future of Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, and Roscoe in the slots.

6) Marcus Stroud is a man-monster. That guy was everywhere and worth every dime we paid him this off-season.

7) I love Bobby April. I don't know if its the fashion-forward glasses or the fact that he is the only coach that displays a pulse on the sideline.

8) I'm not ready to say that Dicky J needs to be shown the EXIT door, but I'm damn close. If he's going to be fired, we need to know we have someone who's for real and also willing to take the job. Anyone who thinks Bill Cowher is going to come coach in Buffalo, with what Ralph will cough up, needs to have they're head examined.

9) The Ralph was a beautiful thing to see in HD television last night. The passion and excitement were palpable. I was proud to be a Bills fan, and I felt an even stronger love for the city and people of Buffalo... Win or lose. It's hard to describe to a non-Bill, but I just feel like we have more heart than any other fans in the country. I goosebumped when the Shout song came on. Pretty awesome stuff.

Let's win the next two and see what happens. Anthing is possible, although, everything will be impossible if Trent continues to play this way. JP deserves to finish the season if Trent figures out a way to lose the next two and continues to look this shell-shocked.