Hardy Benched?

commish95

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the coaching staff and Trent likes to blame the Rookie.

By Chris Brown - Posted November 18th, 2008

James Hardy did not appear to take the field at all in the second half. When asked by Buffalobills.com if his hip flexor injury flared up on him. His response.

“No. I don’t know what’s going on.”

Hardy, like Evans, did not record a reception. Drafted by the Bills to creat a mismatch in the passing game, particularly in the red zone, Hardy did not even appear to be on the field during the times when Buffalo was inside the Browns’ 20-yard line. Buffalo went 2-4 on their red zone opportunities in the game.

Hardy was unsure if there was something he had done incorrectly on the field in the first half.

“If there’s something I did wrong, all they have to do is tell me and I’ll fix it,” said Hardy who was visibly disappointed he couldn’t contribute more.

James Hardy did not appear to take the field at all in the second half. When asked by Buffalobills.com if his hip flexor injury flared up on him. His response.

Hardy, like Evans, did not record a reception. Drafted by the Bills to creat a mismatch in the passing game, particularly in the red zone, Hardy did not even appear to be on the field during the times when Buffalo was inside the Browns’ 20-yard line. Buffalo went 2-4 on their red zone opportunities in the game.

Hardy was unsure if there was something he had done incorrectly on the field in the first half.

“If there’s something I did wrong, all they have to do is tell me and I’ll fix it,” said Hardy who was visibly disappointed he couldn’t contribute more.

Thanks for posting the Link.

All the receivers were benched, weren't they--cause I didn't see them on the field all night?

By the way, anyone notice how on Lynch's TD reception, Parrish--the primary receiver on the play-- was wide open and didn't get the ball? Then when Lynch scored, Parrish walked off the field without showing even a hint of excitement. Who could blame him? If I were Parrish, Evans, and Hardy--likely wide open all night--I'd be ticked.

This brilliant sports decision brought to you by our resident retatta, Dick Jauron.

Thanks for the three years of frustrating mediocrity and here's to three more...you friggin' loser.

All the receivers were benched, weren't they--cause I didn't see them on the field all night?

By the way, anyone notice how on Lynch's TD reception, Parrish--the primary receiver on the play-- was wide open and didn't get the ball? Then when Lynch scored, Parrish walked off the field without showing even a hint of excitement. Who could blame him? If I were Parrish, Evans, and Hardy--likely wide open all night--I'd be ticked.

Hardy was wide open on that play as well. He had one on one coverage and if trent throws the ball early he had 6. Play worked because lynch scored but just another case of a check down this time it worked.

Well, Stevie Johnson looked good last night. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of him in the #2 spot.

OK Really, He did look ok running the under routes. IF Trent continues to check down every play from here on out the Johnson will be a good WR because he wont throw to evans/hardy

Well, Stevie Johnson looked good last night. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of him in the #2 spot.

Agreed. I don't know why Hardy would be surprised that the Bills would try someone else for a while. Hardy is averaging less than one catch per game and it seems that, like Robert Royal, passes in his direction tend to have bad outcomes. Steve Johnson, meanwhile, had himself a pretty decent game last night.

I'm not saying that they should give up on Hardy, but at this point, if Johnson or some other player is able to contribute more, then Hardy should hit the bench for a while.

Agreed. I don't know why Hardy would be surprised that the Bills would try someone else for a while. Hardy is averaging less than one catch per game and it seems that, like Robert Royal, passes in his direction tend to have bad outcomes. Steve Johnson, meanwhile, had himself a pretty decent game last night.

I'm not saying that they should give up on Hardy, but at this point, if Johnson or some other player is able to contribute more, then Hardy should hit the bench for a while.

Again, Hardy and Johnson runs completely different routes. Johnson fits well because of How Trent lacks trust in himself and checks out of plays almost every down. That is why J. Reed has had a decent year. If Hardy ran in the flat or in a zone then he would get those check downs ss well.

I don't disagree with you, and its not all Hardy's fault by a long shot, but the question is, who makes this offense better right now? If the coaches feel the answer is Steve Johnson, then he should be in the game.

Not disputed that at all but then again if all trent is going to do is check down then you really cant blame hardy or evans when they are open.

I think Hardy answered the question as to why. He doesn't know what's going on. Without the coaches saying so, it looks in recent weeks like he is not grasping the mental part of the game.

You gotta wonder WTF is going on. Reed is hurt/inactive, Jenkins is inactive. Hardy is benched. We got us a real live cluster!@#$ happening right before our very eyes.

Sad but true.

Another great job by the coaching staff. If you're going to bench someone, let him know why, especially a kid. He's just going to get down on himself now instead of trying harder to fix his mistakes.

Absolutely. The best thing to do with a young kid struggling to adjust to the speed and talent of the NFL is to bench him and not tell him why. It's probably how all the greats were taught. /sarcasm

Hopefully someone will actually sit down with him over the next couple days and explain what the problems were, why he got benched and what he needs to work on and improve.

I wonder what Trent Edwards' interception rate has been on throws directed towards James Hardy this season? I can think of at least two such interceptions in recent games, and scant few catches. This suggests to me that Hardy may be running very poor routes, and as such is a huge liability at this point.

But yeah, Hardy was very clearly benched in favor of Steve Johnson yesterday. I think the early pick in the direction of Hardy may have been the last time that I saw him on the field all game...