Dick Jauron Needs to stop playing not to LOSE

Poeticlaw

I have been saying this for the three season hes been here. HE is too conservative of a coach and needs to stop playing not to lose. What do I mean some of you might be thinking. THe last drive last night is a perfect example we NEEDED a field goal, isnt the object to get your feild goal kicker as close to the field goal post as possible to increse their chances of winng the game on the kick. we had over a minute left in the game and the browns wereg oing to use their time outs we rushed 3 times for 5 yards to give our kicker a 47 yard field goal attempt. Im sorry but why were we not still trying to either score a touch down or get to the 20 yard line for a better shot. This was Jauron taking not chances and hoping his kicker will make the field goal. He was playing not to lose instead of going down the field even closer for a must win game. He kille dour season and every season thus far because HE himself has not learned how to play to win how can he teach is players to do something he cannot do.

On another note Trent is looking pretty down in the past few games where is that confidence he had when they were 5-1. Why didnt lee evans have a catch hes our 9 million dollar man.As i have posted in previous posts I am very concerned for Trent in the Northeast weather in NOV/DEC.

I have been saying this for the three season hes been here. HE is too conservative of a coach and needs to stop playing not to lose. What do I mean some of you might be thinking. THe last drive last night is a perfect example we NEEDED a field goal, isnt the object to get your feild goal kicker as close to the field goal post as possible to increse their chances of winng the game on the kick. we had over a minute left in the game and the browns wereg oing to use their time outs we rushed 3 times for 5 yards to give our kicker a 47 yard field goal attempt. Im sorry but why were we not still trying to either score a touch down or get to the 20 yard line for a better shot. This was Jauron taking not chances and hoping his kicker will make the field goal. He was playing not to lose instead of going down the field even closer for a must win game. He kille dour season and every season thus far because HE himself has not learned how to play to win how can he teach is players to do something he cannot do.

On another note Trent is looking pretty down in the past few games where is that confidence he had when they were 5-1. Why didnt lee evans have a catch hes our 9 million dollar man.As i have posted in previous posts I am very concerned for Trent in the Northeast weather in NOV/DEC.

Jauron is what he always has been. A conservative coach that tries to keep an even-keel. The problems have always started with Ralph. Too many other concerns outside of winning. That leads to too many over-paid losers. Parcells might be an a-hole, but his mentality is needed in this organization. I just fear that guys like Whitner who seem to be bothered by losing begin to accept that this is a losing organization and collecting millions a year isn't a bad trade-off.

Jauron is what he always has been. A conservative coach that tries to keep an even-keel. The problems have always started with Ralph. Too many other concerns outside of winning. That leads to too many over-paid losers. Parcells might be an a-hole, but his mentality is needed in this organization. I just fear that guys like Whitner who seem to be bothered by losing begin to accept that this is a losing organization and collecting millions a year isn't a bad trade-off.

The guys actually look like they play hard their are just a few spots that need to be upgraded #1 receiver- sorry but lee evans is nothing but a number 2. TE- someone who can catch underneath moreso than the RBS- A Real Center- WE need an anchor to that line- 1or 2 more CBS to aide in the secondary and a OLB and a true pass rushing DE because you can have all the talent and it doesnt mean you can coach to win. The browns have equivalent talent in QB,RB better talent at TE, WR, OL, DL yet their coach cannot get them to win on a regular basis the players can only do so much if the coach is calling the shots!

The guys actually look like they play hard their are just a few spots that need to be upgraded #1 receiver- sorry but lee evans is nothing but a number 2. TE- someone who can catch underneath moreso than the RBS- A Real Center- WE need an anchor to that line- 1or 2 more CBS to aide in the secondary and a OLB and a true pass rushing DE because you can have all the talent and it doesnt mean you can coach to win. The browns have equivalent talent in QB,RB better talent at TE, WR, OL, DL yet their coach cannot get them to win on a regular basis the players can only do so much if the coach is calling the shots!

Coaching is important, but so is every man on the 53 man roster. You are only as good as your weakest link. We have zero pass rushers on the roster. All our safeties outside Whitner are suspect. Ellison is way too soft. Losman should have been cut and a viable back-up Qb should have been brought in. We have no fullback. Another veteran WR should have been brought in. Parcells, Belichik, Coughlin would cut so many guys off this roster the day they took over. One good thing Donahoe did was bring in quality veteran depth. That was probably the only good thing he did.

So its Lee Evans fault that he was targeted only ONCE all game long?

Last night's game was a real low point for me. I've followed the Bills for almost 40 years from multiple states. What did me in was the deja vu element of Super Bowl XXV. Not the 'wide right' but the philosophy of the coaching staff. Just like last night, we had time in the Super Bowl to get closer but decided not to risk it and set up a 47 yard field goal. That's not coaching, that's laying the blame on someone else. A 47 yd field goal isn't a gimmee and it's NOT a risk you should be willing to settle for with a Championship or a season on the line. Both coaches (Levy & Jauron - ironic Levy hired Jauron, isn't it?) showed no confidence in the QB or their players or their ability to call the right play at a clutch moment. Norwood nor Lindell didn't blow it, their coaches froze. They decided to 'pray' instead of 'play'. Very nice people, both of them. Excellent minds. But I'm afraid not quite 'championship' material. They can do a great job of keeping a team together (what Marv did for 4 years was outstanding and Jauron kept the team together last year) but when faced with an equal or superior opponent their philosophies of reaching but not grabbing the moment comes up short.

Jauron missed a great opportunity to motivate this team. Let's say he throws a few screens, short passes, maybe a longer strike to seal the game, an endaround, or something beside 3 straight runs and FAILS to advance the ball. He goes back to the locker room and press conference and says, 'hey, I believe in these guys. They didn't get it done tonight but I know these guys will get it done more often than not in the future so I have no problems trying to win this game with these guys. Trent had a poor game - just like all the hall-of-famers did - yet he had us in position to win the game despite the bad start. I wanted the game on HIS shoulders. He's won final drive games before and he will many times in the future. I'm sure others will say, 'you should have let your OUTSTANDING kicker finish the game' but while we do have an OUTSTANDING kicker we also have an outstanding team that will win these game. That I can promise you." He'd be a hero in the locker room. But now what do we have after last night - a QB with a shaky confidence that was REINFORCED not supported by the coaching staff and a kicker that now wears a "Wide Right' necklase. Terrible coaching philosophy by a very good man. Sad all the way around.

Last night's game was a real low point for me. I've followed the Bills for almost 40 years from multiple states. What did me in was the deja vu element of Super Bowl XXV. Not the 'wide right' but the philosophy of the coaching staff. Just like last night, we had time in the Super Bowl to get closer but decided not to risk it and set up a 47 yard field goal. That's not coaching, that's laying the blame on someone else. A 47 yd field goal isn't a gimmee and it's NOT a risk you should be willing to settle for with a Championship or a season on the line. Both coaches (Levy & Jauron - ironic Levy hired Jauron, isn't it?) showed no confidence in the QB or their players or their ability to call the right play at a clutch moment. Norwood nor Lindell didn't blow it, their coaches froze. They decided to 'pray' instead of 'play'. Very nice people, both of them. Excellent minds. But I'm afraid not quite 'championship' material. They can do a great job of keeping a team together (what Marv did for 4 years was outstanding and Jauron kept the team together last year) but when faced with an equal or superior opponent their philosophies of reaching but not grabbing the moment comes up short.

Jauron missed a great opportunity to motivate this team. Let's say he throws a few screens, short passes, maybe a longer strike to seal the game, an endaround, or something beside 3 straight runs and FAILS to advance the ball. He goes back to the locker room and press conference and says, 'hey, I believe in these guys. They didn't get it done tonight but I know these guys will get it done more often than not in the future so I have no problems trying to win this game with these guys. Trent had a poor game - just like all the hall-of-famers did - yet he had us in position to win the game despite the bad start. I wanted the game on HIS shoulders. He's won final drive games before and he will many times in the future. I'm sure others will say, 'you should have let your OUTSTANDING kicker finish the game' but while we do have an OUTSTANDING kicker we also have an outstanding team that will win these game. That I can promise you." He'd be a hero in the locker room. But now what do we have after last night - a QB with a shaky confidence that was REINFORCED not supported by the coaching staff and a kicker that now wears a "Wide Right' necklase. Terrible coaching philosophy by a very good man. Sad all the way around.

I agree completely with this observation on Jauron. Super Bowl 25 not so much--there was only 7 or 8 seconds left when Norwood kicked. Another play and the clock could easily have expired. No such excuse last night. Settling for a 47 yard field goal try into the wind on a cold night is utterly indefensible when there is a minute on the clock. While all aspects of the team sucked last night, the game was still winnable but for that final coaching error. Lindell has hit 44 in a row inside the 40. Get to the 23, and you have as sure a thing as you can get in football. But we essentially kneel down at the 30, and so we lose. I can't watch this stupidity for a while...Cd

Dick- At the end of the game you put the pressure on your footballs players. Kickers, while wearing a football uniform, are not football players. You put the pressure on your O to get into range where there is no pressure. That includes the possibilty to trust your qb to make a 5 yard pass. We have a DICK, but no NUTS.

Dick- At the end of the game you put the pressure on your footballs players. Kickers, while wearing a football uniform, are not football players. You put the pressure on your O to get into range where there is no pressure. That includes the possibilty to trust your qb to make a 5 yard pass. We have a DICK, but no NUTS.

Exactly! CD