Here's the embarrassing part

silvermike

The last drive did a number of impressively bad things. It showed no confidence in our offense, naturally, by giving Trent Edwards three inside handoffs instead of plays that might help us win the game. But worse, it showed no confidence in our defense, deciding that they were utterly hopeless to prevent Cleveland from kicking a field goal and therefore deciding top priority was to run down the clock.

And heck, it showed no confidence in our kick coverage team to at least give the Browns crummy field position.

The last drive did a number of impressively bad things. It showed no confidence in our offense, naturally, by giving Trent Edwards three inside handoffs instead of plays that might help us win the game. But worse, it showed no confidence in our defense, deciding that they were utterly hopeless to prevent Cleveland from kicking a field goal and therefore deciding top priority was to run down the clock.

And heck, it showed no confidence in our kick coverage team to at least give the Browns crummy field position.

You should have typed "Jauron" instead of "confidence" Mike.

I think the right decision was made. This was Marshawn Lynch's game... he was a beast. Give the ball to your beast! Last night it was smarter to give the ball to Lynch than to let Edwards throw it with the game on the line (considering another interception would have really messed with the guy's head).

Rian Lindell makes a 47 yard kick 7 times out of 10... I would take an 70% chance of a win considering we lost the turnover battle 4-0.

In conclusion... running with Lynch three times was the right course of action.

I think the right decision was made. This was Marshawn Lynch's game... he was a beast. Give the ball to your beast! Last night it was smarter to give the ball to Lynch than to let Edwards throw it with the game on the line (considering another interception would have really messed with the guy's head).

Rian Lindell makes a 47 yard kick 7 times out of 10... I would take an 70% chance of a win considering we lost the turnover battle 4-0.

Couldn't disagree more - Lindell is about 50-55% over 45 in his career - 92% under 40 yards. you would think Dick would this stuff.

You don't 'settle' for a 47 yarder with 40 secs left and a timeout.

NO!

Under no circumstances do you ever settle for a 45+ yards FG attempt INTO THE WIND in NOVEMBER in BUFFALO. If you are trying to gain yards and are forced to kick the long FG, go for it. But in no way should you be content with that long of a FG in those conditions.